About the Role
Are you a hands-on innovative thinker that wants to support developing the next generation of Micromobility Maintenance & Repair facilities? Do you want a high level of ownership in solving complex problems? If you're looking to be challenged in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment and you have strong technical skills then this job is for you!
This individual will deep-dive and challenge current processes, equipment, and procedures, within various facilities in each of our deployed cities. The Operations Engineering Technician will be responsible to organize, implement and validate capital and process improvement initiatives within these facilities to ensure safe, efficient, and effective use of materials, energy, and people. This will then translate to global deployment of a system that the successful candidate has validated. Successful candidates will be natural self-starters who have prior experience in automotive, light vehicle, electric vehicle repair and basic knowledge of engineering principles.
This individual will provide leadership in managing the process and working across multiple internal and external customers. The Operations Engineering Technician will be agile with the ability to change plans and keep driving relentlessly. This individual needs to be comfortable interfacing and communicating with various functional teams and individuals at management and director levels within the organization in order to be successful.
What You'll Do
- Support operations, troubleshoot, resolve maintenance and quality issues, and implement process &tool improvements.
- Create and revise standard work instructions in specified format (JI), working to continuously improve the standard work instruction process
- Conduct & analyze time studies
- Analyze, recommend, and implement layout and process flow improvements using Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Attend, support and potentially lead Kaizen events
- Assist with workstation and line layouts, balancing of work content, determination of labor requirements, material handling and storage solutions, process documentation, and operator training as needed.
- Work with and support Engineering to define work methods and work sequences in the development of new products and processes and participate in design reviews and the implementation of engineering changes.
- Assist in the development of training matrices/guidelines and implementation of the hands-on training process
- Utilize knowledge of Lean methodology to train and develop other team members on the basic principles
- Complete miscellaneous tasks and data collection as required to support the continuous improvement of all functional groups
Necessary Skills: Proficiency in Google Suite or MS Office, familiarity with Dashboard systems such as Airtable, Dashbuilder, etc.
What You'll Need
- Must be mechanically inclined and have strong computer experience utilizing Google Suite programs and applications (Drive, Calendar, Spreadsheet, Document, Presentation, Forms, etc.) with the capability of learning new systems and methods
- Good communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles including value stream mapping and kaizen is preferred.
- Must be creative, self-motivated, self-driven, fast learner, positive attitude and able to motivate others
- Ability to work independently while maintaining close communication and collaborative work relationships with all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and anticipate changing project needs
- Must be a self-starter, goal-oriented, focused, and flexible
- Open to and capable of continuous learning through 3rd party training classes and certifications in lead and engineering methodologies
- 25% travel may be required at times
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.