About the Role
As a hardware test engineer on the V&V team, you will participate in the engineering process from start to finish: Determine engineering requirements, develop hardware test plans, develop test cases, design/build test fixtures, execute tests and document/analyze results to validate components and systems.
What You'll Do
- Perform electrical verification, validation and testing activities
- Testing of general circuit boards, lidar, CAN busses, and computer systems
- Design, build and maintain electrical test fixtures
- Develop test cases to validate hardware/software integration
- Develop tools and methods to automate testing for rapid deployment
- Perform a wide range of tests (e.g. analog, digital timing, reliability, burn-in, in-circuit testing, functional testing, etc.)
- Programming/Scripting in high-level languages like Python, LabView or BASH.
- Test network interfaces
- Maintain engineering processes, documentation, and configuration management
What You'll Need
BS in Electrical/Computer Engineering or a related field and 5 years of work experience or an Advanced degree (Masters, Ph.D.) in Electrical/Computer Engineering or a related field and 3 years of relevant work experience.
Ability to analyze complex electrical data from high-speed signals, power supply noise, clocks, Ethernet, and EMI
- Prototype development and testing experience
- Broad general EE knowledge
- Ability to design, build and maintain hardware-in-the-loop testing environments
- Experience debugging problems with communication data links
Bonus Points If
- Experience with safety-critical hardware systems and components
- Understanding of automotive applications and standards
- Experience in agile project environments
- CAN bus vehicle standard familiarity
- Experience with Linux systems
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values
Our hardware team's role is to develop and integrate UBER self-driving technologies into existing and future vehicle platforms of multiple OEM's at scale.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.