As a iOS engineer at Uber, you'll be working on code that's closest to the business. Your work will impact live riders, eaters, driver-partners, and operations teams across the globe. Our teams span from the traditional ridesharing business to the new emerging products around UberEATS, our own Mapping technology, and Self-Driving cars.
You will build user-facing products, handle and store thousands of payment transactions per second, and develop intelligent fraud prevention strategies that scale. From building maps that help move millions of people, to the messaging systems that let us interact with them - the work you do will impact every single Uber request.
You'll have a measurable impact on the rider experience for both riders and drivers. We are ambitious, engaged and excited about completely transforming the transportation industry across the world. Not just another social web app: we are moving real assets and real people around their cities.
This role will require relocation to one of our North America engineering office locations.
Mobile Engineering Requirements:
- Extensive experience in software development
BS/MS/Phd in Computer Science or related field required
- A passion for delightful mobile user experiences
- Dependable programming fundamentals
- A portfolio of successfully shipped software
- Deep familiarity with debugging, performance measurement, and test-driven development
- Apps you've shipped that you're proud to share
- In-depth knowledge of iOS or Android SDKs
- A Github account with eye-catching projects to peruse
- Experience with mobile location and mapping technology
- A working knowledge of common design tools
- Backend or web development experience
We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.