Podium is an Interaction Management platform that makes it simple for local businesses to conveniently connect with leads, customers, and their team. Our work streamlining this process for local business has awarded us recognition on top industry lists, such as Forbes’ Next Billion Dollar Startups, Forbes’ Cloud 100, the Inc. 5000 (#13), and Fast Company’s World’s Most Innovative Companies — in the last year alone. For more about our product, watch this video
We are looking for a Content Writer to join our budding content squad within the Brand Creative Team. Until now, Podium has focused its content creation on filling SEO and demand gen needs. It has served that purpose well. As we have grown and become a bigger part of our customers’ lives, we have recognized the opportunity to provide higher quality content for local business owners who look to us as an authority, for the longer term goals of brand loyalty and industry recognition. The Content Writer should leverage the many experts we are connected to to create approachable, actionable expertise for local business owners and their teams.
While the team is sure to grow, for now the Content Writer will work with a Designer, an Editor, and a Content Marketer (who will own content strategy, SEO, and blog management).
- Research topics impacting local businesses using online resources, but also by finding the right experts and interviewing them to create original content that does not exist elsewhere
- Write articles, guides, courses, and other long form content that is direct, compelling, and actionable
- Work with a designer to provide additional clarity and visual interest to written pieces
- Collaborate with the Content Squad (outlined above) to build a content strategy and editorial calendar
- Understand the Podium voice and tone, and maintain consistency across content
- Proactively work to reduce friction and contribute to a positive working environment
- Maintain an organized process to take content pieces from idea to promotion
- Must provide a writing portfolio that showcases a breadth of relevant work, including professional blog posts and other content marketing materials
- 2-4 years professional experience in a relevant position; tech experience is preferred
- Must have a good understanding of modern writing styles, grammar, basic SEO best practices, and content marketing strategy
- Must be able to communicate well—in person with team members and through writing
- Must be able to give and receive feedback in a humble, constructive way
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility, ownership, and focus
- Work in this building in Lehi, UT
- Unlimited vacation time
- Multiple catered meals each week and a stocked kitchen
- Health/dental benefits, 401K matching, cell phone stipend, and swag
Podium is an equal opportunity employer. Podium provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, marital status or veteran status.