About The Role
As the Finance Manager, you will serve a pivotal role in decision support and financial planning, working with Senior Leaders across Tech & Product including the Chief Technology Officer, Head of Product and their leadership teams.
Decision support will include guiding strategic process restructuring to drive efficiencies and scalability. This will require partnership with multiple departments beyond Tech & Product, a solid understanding of core business operations as well as leadership in critical vendor negotiations. Financial planning responsibilities include preparation and management of budgets, forecasts, month-end reporting, operational and management reporting, trend analysis, and ad hoc analysis to support management decision-making. The role will also include communication and presentation to senior leaders (VP+). The Finance Business Partner will be expected to expand beyond financial responsibilities and be a strategic thought partner to the Tech & Product / G&A teams. Expectations also include working collaboratively across organizations to achieve the greatest business outcomes for SoFi.
At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
- Communication: Effectively communicate with Senior Leaders and drive strategic decision making with Executive Staff members
- Process Improvement / Financial Infrastructure: Continuously develop systems and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements.
- Negotiations & Strategic Vendor Management: Ability to own key vendor negotiations within Tech & Product with a view on long range and cross functional implications.
- Planning / Forecasting: Lead planning and forecasting activities with business partners to achieve business and company goals. Highlight and understand major assumptions and their effects on the budget/forecast. Perform sensitivity analyses to assess reasonable range of outcomes.
- Reporting: Report and provide in-depth analysis on monthly Actuals vs. Forecast / Budget to key leaders.
- Business Analysis: Continually keep a pulse on the business to identify ROI opportunities, manage risks and opportunities, and provide key financial and business support to leadership
- Financial Modeling: Prepare clear and easy to understand models with a focus on flexibility to change assumptions and scalability of model outputs
- Partner cross-functionally with Recruiting, HR, Compensation
- Education – Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or other related field
- Skills - Fluent in excel and powerpoint, comfortable with analyzing large datasets
- Experience – 7+ years of experience in FP&A, Consulting or Investment Banking, transaction and/or procurement experience a plus
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)