At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Respond to applicant’s inbound inquiries via phone, Secure Chat and email regarding SoFi products
- Exercise consultative sales techniques demonstrating strong communications skills and call control
- Provide world class customer service through putting the members interest first
- High focus on First Call Resolution, resolving the members issue on the first contact
- Document every correspondence with applicants and members clearly and concisely
- Outbound outreach to applicants and work with the applicant and the operations team to successfully move applications through the application process to funding
- Request and secure required documentation according to documented company procedures
- Participate in outbound contact campaigns to support members through the application process
- Perform audits to ensure data provided by applicants at submission is accurate and the request meets SOFI specifications pursuant to guidelines
- Deliver timely, accurate and actionable information to SoFi Teams as appropriate
- Improve upon and refine sales and customer service knowledge and techniques through ongoing training
- Strong ability to overcome objections, deescalate inquiries and be genuinely empathetic in conversation with members
- Take ownership of resolving member inquiries and attempt to foresee causes of additional inquiries
- Share insights with management regarding the root causes of member inquiries, concerns and complaints, advocating on our members’ behalf to improve our products, operations and policies
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic
- Previous experience in financial services/sales and/or experience in a contact center
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build positive working relationships with SoFi applicants, members and team
- Advanced computer skills with solid proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Databases and Web.
- Ability to exhibit grace under pressure, while successfully navigating complex work assignments/situations efficiently and effectively
- Ability to meet critical deadlines in dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated, resourceful, productive on teams as well as independent work
- Able to move between projects / duties quickly and efficiently with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work evenings, nights and weekend days and overtime
- Experience handling high volume transactions
- Track record of successful high impact decision making
- College degree desired. High school diploma or GED required.
This position has [no] supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)