At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
As the Director of DevOps, you will lead and contribute to a cross-functional infrastructure team. You, along with product teams and engineering leaders, will develop roadmaps, build, and implement innovative orchestrations tools, information pipelines, and foundational infrastructure platforms to support our internal development as well as our sizable base of customers. Our DevOps team works on challenging product and infrastructure-focused problems. To support our scale, our environment consists of hundreds of servers, micro-services and numerous real-time data streams.
- You will lead, manage, and hire for the DevOps team with a steady, vibrant, agile, and hands-on leadership approach
- You will contribute to all things DevOps development and deployment, including TDD and peer-reviewed coding, enhancing platform security
- Continue migration to and oversee the development of cloud native services
- You will seek out new tools, techniques, and resources to evolve our infrastructure and drive up excellence
- You will work on a highly motivated team of professionals dedicated towards excellence in infrastructure and security, and sharing knowledge.
- You have 10+ years of relevant experience; including 4+ years leading a team
- You are an excellent people manager who can be a hands-on player/coach. You have experience with agile planning, deployment, integration, test/validation, and configuration custom software across multiple DevOps tooling platforms
- You have a solid understanding of operations, CI/CD, security, and networking
- You are deeply familiar with cloud concepts and can manage deployments, data center environments, performance, benchmarking, testing, monitoring, and logging all of these things
- You have a genuine passion and curiosity towards tech, with a willingness to experiment, evaluate, and introduce other team members to new frameworks, technology, and workflows, and are willing to work on a huge array of differing technology solutions, while leading and mentoring a team towards these things, as well
- PenTesting, compliance/accreditation experience, and encryption knowledge here is a huge plus
- Experience working with Solutions Engineers
Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
Generous vacation and holidays
401(k) and education on retirement planning.
Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)