At SoFi, you’ll become part of a new kind of finance company whose ambition is to help our members achieve financial independence and reach their goals. We aim to be at the center of our members’ financial lives, and to help every member get their money right. We created student loan refinancing, addressing the biggest financial challenge of a new generation through a modern approach to lending and personal finance. Next we expanded our products and services across loans, wealth management, and insurance. SoFi Money—a modern take on a checking or savings account--is our newest innovation and disruption to the financial services industry. SoFi has achieved significant growth, with ambitious plans ahead, but to continue this growth we need great talent. And that starts with you.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing best in class service by responding to Inbound inquiries concerning debit card transactions, products, services, disputes, fees, billing errors, payments, or any other requests related to the SoFi Money product; provide Operations support to the SoFi Money Product team; and act as a rapid response unit for special projects as assigned. Additionally, when available and as needed, the SoFi Money Support Specialist will support other Customer Service Representative teams as well as Reviewer teams.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Respond to customer inbound inquiries via phone, chat, and email regarding the SoFi Money product
- Exercise consultative sales techniques demonstrating strong call control
- Provide world class customer service through First Call Resolution
- Document every correspondence with applicants and borrowers clearly and concisely
- Request and secure required documentation according to documented company procedures
- Participate in outbound Marketing Campaigns
- Perform audits to ensure data provided by applicants at submission is accurate and the request meets SOFI specifications pursuant to SOPs
- Deliver timely, accurate and actionable information to SoFi Teams as appropriate
- Improve upon and refine sales and customer service knowledge and techniques through ongoing training
- Strong ability to overcome objections, deescalate inquiries and be genuinely empathetic in conversation with Members
- Take ownership of resolving member inquiries and attempt to foresee causes of additional inquiries
- Share insights with management regarding the root causes of Member inquiries, concerns and complaints, advocating on our members’ behalf to improve our products, operations and policies
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic
- At least 6 months banking experience, must have a strong understanding of consumer banking products and services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- History of building positive working relationships with SoFi members, potential members, and co-workers
- Advanced computer skills with solid proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to exhibit grace under pressure, while successfully navigating complex work assignments / situations efficiently and effectively
- Experience with meeting critical deadlines in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Self-motivated, resourceful, productive on teams as well as independent work
- Comfortable with adapting to change, switching between projects / duties quickly and efficiently
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work evenings, nights, weekend days and overtime
- Experience handling high volume transactions
- Track record of successful high impact decision making
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must successfully pass FINRA fingerprint background check
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of medical, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- Generous vacation and holidays
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.
- Employer paid lunch program and subsidized gym membership.
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks & drinks)