Product Manager at Attentive
New York City, NY, US
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $40 million Series B investment led by Sequoia Capital in July 2019. Across our key product metrics, YoY growth is 1000%+ and is only accelerating. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are seeking a technical Product Manager to join our product development team. You will work cross-functionally with designers, engineers and business side colleagues to direct product development from start to finish. This is an opportunity to be on the ground floor with a small, high-performing product development team, building a category-defining product. This is an excellent opportunity for folks looking to transition into a product role or for newer product managers looking to take the next step in their career.
You @ Attentive:
- Act as internal subject matter expert for our highly technical product while working closely with both technical and non-technical colleagues and external stakeholders
- Help to debug product issues / bugs as they arise
- Analyze production data to determine areas for improvement; make data driven decisions
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and other teams to shape the backlog; groom & prioritize backlog based on business valueWrite product requirements (minimum needed to have a conversation w/ engineering)
- Work closely with engineering to ensure alignment on requirements and to support development
- Help manage day to day agile development process: sprint planning, daily standups, etc
- 1-3+ years of experience working as part of a software development team as either an engineer, project manager, product manager, business analyst, or similar
- Experience working on a technical product and/or candidate has strong technical background
- Willingness to work extremely hard and do whatever it takes to push the product forward
- Preference towards candidates w/ experience building enterprise / SaaS products
- Experience working within a modern, iterative SDLC framework (e.g. agile, scrum, kanban, etc)
- Experience grooming & prioritizing a product backlog, preparing work for sprint planning and then supporting the engineering team throughout the sprint to maximize velocity
- Excellent communicator (written & verbal), both with technical and non-technical audience
- Deeply analytical; comfortable mining through data & using it to make decisions
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally across the entire org
Product Development @ Attentive:
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis. Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is 40+ engineers, product managers and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus.
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation. To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data driven decision making.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust benefits package including 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans
- Unlimited vacation and a number of company-wide holidays
- Catered lunch every day, customized snacks and drinks
- Budget to buy whatever equipment you need to do your job
- Excellent team offsites, regular company-wide social events