Who We Are
Prosper is built on a simple idea: connect people who want to borrow money with those that have money to invest. Through Prosper, borrowers get access to fixed and low-rate loans, and investors in those loans can earn solid returns. We work to help build financial well-being for our users, enabling them to invest in each other in a way that is both financially and socially impactful. Since our launch in 2005 as the first peer-to-peer lending marketplace in the US, more than 1 million loans have been provided through the Prosper platform. We’ve helped people gain access to more than $15 billion in loans for everything from consolidating credit card debt, making home improvements, and even paying for costly medical expenses.
Backed by leading investors like Sequoia Capital, Francisco Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, and Credit Suisse NEXT Fund, our platform is developed and supported with pride in our downtown San Francisco and sunny Phoenix offices.
Senior Director, Verification and Customer Experience
We are seeking a proven leader with a passion for creating a category-defining customer experience to join Prosper’s Operations team. The Senior Director is responsible for working cross-functionally with the other leaders at Prosper to ensure a customer-centric and consistent experience across all consumer-facing touch points. In addition to directly working with operations managers, this leader strategically partners closely with; Verification and Fraud Strategy, Product & Engineering, Marketing, and Product Analytics to execute on identified opportunities to drive process efficiencies, performance, and drive a best-in-class service and support organization.
The Senior Director, Verification & Customer Experience ensures accountability, transparency, and empowerment throughout the various teams. The ideal applicant understands the importance of people within an organization and encourages the team to bring their authentic selves to work.
What You Will Do
- Develop short term/long term goals and objectives that are aligned to the overall strategic goals for the company
- Lead and mentor a team of operations leaders to drive continuous improvement across the customer life-cycle (sales, verification, and servicing)
- Partner with operations analytics team to identify data-driven areas of opportunity and own execution of strategies to deliver on identified key areas
- Support operations leaders in monitoring and management of day to day processes, and lead remediation efforts for ad hoc interruptions to target service levels
- Partner with company leaders in cross-functional teams to deliver strategies in support of keyboard metrics
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product and engineering teams to provide customer insights that delivery a desirable platform experience
- Drive for excellence within the limited resources available.
- Champion strategies that focus on seamless and inclusive customer experience as measured by various NPS measures
- Identify opportunities to leverage automation and tools that support scalable yet lean operations
- Recognize operations is part art and part science, understand the human element and how decisions impact our front-line team members
- Ensure decisions are made with an understanding of the benefit it brings to both the customer and the employee teams.
- Act as a “Player / Coach-Athlete” by Playing a key part in both leadership and development of the team as well as individual contribution to complex business problems and key initiatives.
What You Need To Have
- A strong people leader who has a track record of having built and led highly engaged teams.
- Demonstrated track record of applying creative thinking and analysis to solve business needs in ambiguous environments; comfortable making decisions with imperfect information to drive timely decisions without ‘analysis paralysis.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years experience in business operations, contact center operations, risk operations and/or consulting role with hands-on operational work
- Experience leading teams both on-site and remote
- Be a player-coach – Prosper is a start-up, and teams are small but mighty. Prosper’s leaders are strategic, but can also be very hands-on.
- A leader who internalizes accountability and ownership, and takes them seriously
- Effective communicator to a variety of audiences – Execs, peers, investors, team
- Ability to structure unstructured problems; has proven ability to find a way!
- Credit cards or personal loans experience preferred (unsecured lending –strongly preferred!)
- Drives action
- Embodies and encourages intelligent creativity
- Builds, mentors, and develops best-in-class teams
- Inspires trust, confidence, and consensus within groups managed
- Strategic and forward thinker
- Communicates effectively and consistently
A Few Things to Know About Us
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits plan, including incentive bonuses, stock options, company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, paid vacation time, 401(k) with employer-match, fitness reimbursement, commuting reimbursement, and more!
Prosper is committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Prosper will consider for employment qualified applicants who are non-US citizens and will provide green card sponsorship.