By applying to this role, you will be considered for product, platform, and infrastructure teams. We seek to match successful candidates to an ideal team based on their preferences and experience.
As an Android Engineer, you'll work on the code behind apps used by millions globally every day. In hundreds of cities, people tap their phones to get a ride, get food delivered, or earn extra cash with Uber. We're looking for talented engineers to make sure every one of those experiences is magical. Join us to work on some of the most exciting challenges in tech, with projects ranging from building a more efficient uberPOOL commuting experience to creating an uberEATS interface that's perfect for our driver-partners.
- 2+ years of full-time engineering experience
- Experience with releasing, maintaining mobile code
- Strong expertise in Java
- Experience analyzing a feature in production using analytics and experiments
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Experience collaborating on projects and working efficiently as part of a team.
- Deep understanding of Android SDK
Bonus points if
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with open source libraries like Retrofit, RxJava, Dagger 2, Lottie
- Contribute to the wider Android community via open source
Team-specific focus areas
Additionally, Uber has a variety of roles and teams for you depending on where your interests match best.
- High performance systems - Experience with building high performance distributed systems that can scale to 100,000s QPS.
- Core Infrastructure - Experience with developing and running large scale distributed storage systems, service oriented architectures, and reliable monitoring and deployment infrastructure.
- Data Processing - experience with building and maintaining large scale and/or real-time complex data processing pipelines using Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, Storm, and Zookeeper
- Machine Learning - experience with machine learning, information retrieval, algorithmic complexity, data mining, pricing, optimization.
- Geospatial - Familiarity with geospatial datasets and services, such as maps, local search, points of interest and business listings data, mobile device location and GPS traces.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.