About the Role
Uber is a technology company that is changing the way the world thinks about transportation. Like our business, scaling our core technology like Routing has also proved to be a source of impact and challenge.
As a Product Manager for Routing on the Map Services team, you will help define vision, strategy and roadmap for one of the key platforms at Uber that moves food, people, bikes and even flying machines in the future from point A to point B. Routing is amongst the hardest computer science problems; you will work closely with world-class Engineering teams, Product Managers, Data scientists and Operations, to build a state of the art system that impacts Uber's business and customers every step of the way. You will interface with nearly every aspect of the Uber organization - from Driver to Rider experience, from Maps to Marketplace. If successful, you will change the course of Routing at Uber and help create a world-class architecture that fuels and supports our unprecedented impact.
What You'll Do
- Craft a coherent product vision, strategy and roadmap for the Routing group at Uber
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's products like Pool, UberX, Eats and how they rely on core routing services - and then align your team's mission and roadmap with this direction
- Execute. This means being constantly biased towards action, knowing the data, being in the details, setting a high bar and building strong collaborative relationships with other teams, thinking boldly, disambiguating, always thinking of the customer first and rapidly iterating towards something demonstrably awesome
- Vision. Think outside the box. Imagine what core routing and other services the world would need tomorrow when we have self driving cars and other innovations. How would you build todays capabilities that become tomorrow's differentiators.
- Drive cross-functional team to set qualitative objectives and quantitative goals
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 5 years of Product Management experience with overall 8+ years of experience
- At least 3 years experience building Maps, Search or Location products in Search
- Experience applying Machine Learning / statistical inference technologies to a variety of complex problems
- Computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience
- Basic Technical understanding of how maps works on both web and mobile
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning
Bonus Points If
- Knowledge of routing algorithms (Dijkastra, A*, etc.)
- Prior experience working on scalable infrastructures where you have built or/and managed services that power consumer experiences
- Understanding of big-data processing pipelines (over Hadoop or similar technologies), distributed data stores, and distributed file systems
About the Team
The Maps team builds high quality and compelling Maps Data and Maps Services like Search, Display, Routing and Navigation. Maps Routing platform supplies time, distance and route predictions along with guidance, for all modes of transporting people and things from point A -> point B.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.