About the Role
As we build and scale our Sales Operations functions to support Uber for Business, we are looking for a Compensation Lead to develop, implement and administer Uber for Business' Sales Compensation plans. You will design plans that align with Uber for Business' go-to-market strategies and also motivate and reward sales performance. You will be responsible for ensuring that incentive compensation plans are well documented, implemented correctly in Xactly (or other systems) and effectively communicated to the field. Implementation encompasses set-up of incentive structure in systems, accurate calculation of payouts and seamless execution across the sales organization. You will also deliver attainment reporting in a timely manner and conduct analysis on how well the plans are working.
What You'll Do
- Administer global variable incentive plans
- Communicate plans to Sales leadership and create training materials
- Research and respond to ad-hoc queries from sales team members about their plans and payouts
- Provide stakeholders with monthly/quarterly reporting on commission data and effectiveness of plans
- Maintain and refine accurate, live attainment reporting and provide insights to Sales leadership
- Drive annual Compensation Planning Process, evaluate different metrics and compensation structures based on analysis of historical compensation data and industry best practices
- Drive quota planning process - how to set quota based on historical data and align with finance targets
- Stay flexible: come up with SPIFFs/ other incentives to drive sales of specific products
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of payouts in a timely manner while liaising with business partners across Sales, Regional Sales Operations and Finance
- Implement, maintain and administer systems and infrastructure (Xactly or other systems) in collaboration with IT/Business Systems teams
- Drive commission process automation, system enhancements and user testing for commission calculations, payouts and reporting
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree (Business Administration, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, etc.)
- 5+ years of work experience with 3 years of relevant experience in Sales Compensation or Sales Operations preferably in a fast growing B2B environment
- Understanding and experience with sales compensation structures and mechanics (e.g., plan components and weights, pay mix, leverage, quotas, MBOs, crediting, accelerators, etc.)
- Prior ownership of consistent and accurate implementation, execution and measurement of sales compensation/incentive programs
- Excel modeling skills, particularly as it pertains to compensation modeling
- Experience configuring and administering sales compensation systems like Xactly, working knowledge of Salesforce as it pertains to sales performance reporting
- Operationally focused, process oriented, and data driven with a keen eye for details and razor focused on accuracy
- Demonstrated experience implementing/operationalizing cross-functional projects
- Verbal and written communication skills. Strong consensus building and executive presence to communicate and defend plans to Uber for Business executives
About the Team
The Sales Operations team will be critical for Uber for Business to grow its sales team worldwide and make it productive.
Uber for Business has one goal-to allow businesses of any size to harness Uber's technology to move their business in new ways, with less hassle. From enterprises that need a seamless global travel solution to local businesses that want to provide courtesy rides to customers, or clinics providing reliable rides for patients, and more.
With over 65,000 businesses around the world already on board, Uber for Business is building for the future of how work gets done, wherever you need to go
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.