About the Role
As a Systems Engineer on the Uber's People Apps team, you drive the technology and business processes of our People Team, providing tools and analysis to support various groups in Uber HR.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a strong background in Workday and other HR systems, with a particular emphasis in Workday general HCM, business process framework, and reporting. In addition, this candidate should demonstrate excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to clearly communicate and present information.
What You'll Do
- Technology and process consulting - as a Payroll/Absence technology expert you will not only advise the business on which tools/configurations fit their needs but you can consult on the best processes that compliment your solutions. You will very clearly understand the downstream impacts of potential solutions and advise the business accordingly.
- Special projects / ad hoc analyses - you will help evaluate and drive new initiatives, products, risks and opportunities that are constantly arising.
- Business partnering - work closely with business leaders to define our people processes, then use Workday to optimize the workflow.
- Sophisticated reporting and analysis - you'll build reports directly in Workday, but you'll also help develop complex datasets for the People Data Analytics team to power their work.
- Product support - you will help to field a high-volume and variety of requests from the business to ensure they're resolved quickly and accurately.
What You'll Need
- 2+ years experience in Workday Payroll and/or Absence implementation/configuration support.
- Systems work is second-nature to you, and you're looking to apply your skills in more complex projects with more ownership.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and relationship building/partnership skills.
- Team player - None of our work is in a silo. You thrive on collaboration and seek to find the best possible solution for Uber. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
- General Workday Core HCM skills, and other HR systems experience is a plus.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.