Build a strong, productive relationship with partners while growing new business, improving retention rates of current customers and increasing the number of partner-originated opportunities/deal registrations.
What you’ll do:
The Tanium Federal Channel Account Manager's primary objective is to generate net new business for Tanium in the form of registered opportunities/teaming agreements and achieving revenue targets associated with both. The Channel Account Manager is responsible for managing a broad range of sales, technical and management relationships within their partner base and ensuring that the Tanium field org is mapped accordingly. The Channel Account Manager is responsible for executing on all aspects of the business relationship with each partner; on-boarding, training, pipeline reporting, win/loss reporting. In addition, the Channel Account Manager is responsible for business planning; sales & growth targets and marketing objectives, which are reviewed with the partner and Tanium management team on a regular basis (at a minimum quarterly).
- Develop and manage an assigned set of Tanium partners and prospective partners.
- Engage in board-room level discussions re: how Tanium can bring value to a partner’s business.
- Enable Partner sales reps with content, resources, etc. on Tanium's product line, competitive differentiators, customer success stories, and licensing model.
- Strategise with Channel Marketing Manager on design and execution of marketing programs/events/campaigns to create interest and awareness among Partners’ customers. Measure and deliver ROI metrics for all activities.
- Design and promote effective SPIFs and other incentive programs to generate interest and growth of Tanium products.
- Develop relationships and align with all members of the Tanium sales team.
- Coordinate with Technical Account Manager’s (TAM) on technical enablement for relevant partners. Develop a technical enablement strategy that supports the channel sales strategy for the territory.
- Proactively maintain ongoing knowledge of industry, territory, existing and target channel partner accounts, & competitive landscape
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of each strategic VAR’s business and what drives their success. Demonstrate value by aligning a relevant value proposition from Tanium with the partner’s strategy and objectives.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Experience working with Federal Channel Partners as a channel manager with proven success record.
- Hunter mentality is a MUST.
- Experience crushing quotas.
- Ability to enthusiastically evangelise the Tanium message to strategic Partners and their customers.
- Proven ability to communicate with partners at all levels - from sales rep to C-level and business owner
- Excellent presentation skills
- Mitigate/resolve channel conflict
- Willing to travel to all partner activities and to Tanium corporate activities.
- Desire to own all parts of a partner lifecycle, starting with profiling/recruitment
- Demonstrates thorough preparation for all partner meetings & activities
- Consistent follow through and follow up with customers required
- Excellent time management skills
- Proven success with sales ability and demonstrated knowledge of sales process
- Excellent organisation skills – attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strategic thinker and Independent worker, takes initiative
- Capable of hands-on problem solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Founded in 2007, Tanium invented a fundamentally new approach to security and systems management. Recognized as the "Usain Bolt of cybersecurity," it's no surprise the world’s largest enterprises and government organizations rely on Tanium to secure, control, and manage the hundreds of thousands of endpoints that comprise their networks effectively; and at unprecedented speed, no matter the size. If you are looking to join a fast-growing, mission-driven company, are prepared to work hard, and want to make a lasting impact on the organization and the industry, we'd love to talk to you. Learn more at www.tanium.com.