SoFi is a new kind of finance company taking a radical approach to traditional banking services. As SoFi expands its portfolio beyond lending products to become an end-to-end financial institution, the Vice President, Product for Member Journey role will oversee how we continue to serve the entirety of our members’ holistic financial needs at every turn of their product journey, providing them with an engaging, supportive, and motivating digital community across the product landscape. We are looking for a leader who is hands-on, technology proficient, and can lead, define, and deliver innovative solutions for our members both on mobile and on web.
Our goal is to be the center of our members’ financial lives. From unprecedented products and tools to faster service and open conversations, we’re all about helping our members get ahead and find success. Whether they’re looking to buy a home, save money on student loans, ascend in their careers, or invest in the future, the SoFi community works to empower our members to accomplish the goals they set and achieve financial greatness as a result. This role will lead the definition of how our members journey through our products evolves over time, defining how we engage our members and turn our platform into a relationship based, daily utility.
This role is responsible for the strategy, product planning and team management and leadership throughout the product lifecycle, including: defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product requirements, and working closely with engineering, design, marketing, member services and operations to productize revenue and customer satisfaction goals, as well as ensure that the product supports the company’s overall strategy and goals.
SoFi has achieved significant growth, with big plans ahead. Our member base has grown to over 465,000 members, we’ve originated over $30B in loans, and our team has grown to over 1,300. And we're well capitalized to power all this growth, having raised $1.9 billion in equity backing. But we'll only be able to continue this growth with great talent, and that includes you.
- Lead a team of product managers.
- Define product strategy for Member Journey and work with internal project stakeholders from marketing, sales, operations, community and executive management to translate business needs into a product strategy for the membership experience, driving consensus, including developing success metrics.
- Work with designers, developers (both locally and remotely), and subject matter experts to get project requirements well scoped, designed and built for both mobile and web.
- Create deep and meaningful collaboration with marketing, capital markets, operations and business development stakeholders to meet goals for the path of the member journey throughout their lifecycle.
- Work with operations subject matter experts and use a broad range of sources to understand borrower and processor use cases.
- Work with engineering and data science to analyze data and conduct experiments (i.e. A/B tests) in order to optimize the product in pursuit of an improved customer experience and business metrics.
- Design processes, workflows and functional components to improve efficiencies.
- Monitor and understand the key metrics governing Member Journey product area, with an eye toward continuously improving them through ongoing product innovation.
- Establish product delivery timelines in close collaboration with the engineering team.
- Responsible for keeping on top of competitive landscapes and strategies.
- 10+ years of product management experience
- 5+ years of leading high performance product teams
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent consumer-
- facing products both on mobile and web
- Proven ability to dive deeply into specific functional areas and learn a domain specific language
- Proven ability to innovate and come up with ideas to help drive the product forward
- Proven ability to understand the business and engineering sides and get into the technical details
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to assume a strong sense of responsibility and ownership in an atmosphere of ambiguity
- Excellent project management skills - delivery oriented
- Superior communication skills
- Experience in financial services a plus, but more important is your ability to learn fast, ask questions and solve problems
- Ability to handle changing tasks and priorities and adapt quickly
- Ability to work with remote teams
- Lunch, a fully stocked kitchen, and subsidized gym membership.
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses.
- A flexible vacation policy allows you to truly relax and reboot.
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life insurance as well as disability benefits.
- 100% of health, vision, and dental premiums paid by SoFI for employees and their dependents.
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning.
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs, up to $5,250 a year.
- Monthly contribution to help you pay off your student loans.