Security Engineer - Infrastructure Security at Klarna
Who we are
Klarna is Europe's fastest growing and most exciting financial technologies (FinTech) company. Here at Klarna we are striving to become the world’s most favourite way to buy. It is a bold objective, but we are well on course to achieving it.
Klarna is already operating in 18 markets and we plan to keep expanding. We serve 60 million consumers, work with 70 000 merchants and process nearly 20$Bn in payments yearly. We have some pretty heavy-weight investors including Visa, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Anders Povlsen.
Unicorns are rare - and we are one of them! Unicorns are tech startups valued at over 1$Bn. Moreover, Klarna is listed 8th on CNBC most ‘disruptive companies in the world’ list for 2016, alongside Uber, AirBnB and coming above companies like Snapchat and Spotify - we are really starting to change the global world of payments.
Engineering is rapidly growing and the Infrastructure Security team is looking for people passionate about automating and embedding security to protect cloud architectures on the infrastructure level.
If you today work as a developer, software engineer or perhaps a QA engineer, are self-driven and experienced in working with Python and cloud architectures such as AWS and want to lean into architecting, this is a position for you. You will get a lot of opportunities to work with engineering teams to build scalable and API consumable solutions for securing our staging and production environments. We provide a mentoring and competence track specific for you to get you up to speed.
Our mission in the InfraSec team is to protect Klarna systems by providing security services as part of the standard deployment infrastructure platform; thus automating away security for our engineering teams.
We are therefore looking for new colleagues who want to work on improving the security of our infrastructure components (i.e., networks, systems, containers, orchestration layers and CI/CD pipelines).
Get in touch with us if you would enjoy...
- Solving security challenges in the cloud
- Integrating automated security features in the deployment and provisioning of services
- Auditing the infrastructure to identify security problems
- Working with engineering teams to drive security improvements
- Taking an active role in architectural decisions
- Having fun and sharing your knowledge and expertise while doing so
Get in touch with us if...
- You’re working with software development and enjoy finding and fixing security bugs
- You are an effective communicator who engages well with your audience
- You’re pragmatic and likes to use metrics to prove value
- Working as a team is part of your DNA; we respect and support each other
It would be great if you have...
- Experience in working with a micro-services architecture, e.g. AWS
- Hands-on experience in building API-based tools
- Experience in working with containers
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines
This is an exciting time to join our InfraSec team as we are growing and exploring new areas within the security domain. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our team includes women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world. We’re a team of technically curious problem solvers. Come and join us.
Code in your spare time?
Great, send over a link to some of your work. We'd love to take a look.Here’s some of our work https://github.com/klarna
How to apply
Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English and let's arrange a chat.
We offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. Your role will make a difference, and you will be a player in a team that has a strong impact on the business result. As an employee at one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.