Data Engineer at Klarna
Who we are
Klarna is Europe's fastest growing and most exciting financial technologies (FinTech) company valued at over $2.5bn and we’re growing by 40% a year. Here at Klarna we are striving to become the world’s most favourite way to buy. It is a bold objective, but we are well on course to achieving it.
Klarna is already operating in 18 markets and we plan to keep expanding. We serve 60 million consumers, work with 70 000 merchants and process more than a million transactions a day. We have some pretty heavy-weight investors including Visa, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Anders Povlsen.
Unicorns are rare - and we are one of them! Unicorns are tech startups valued at over 1$Bn. Moreover, Klarna is listed 8th on CNBC most ‘disruptive companies in the world’ list for 2016, alongside Uber, AirBnB and coming above companies like Snapchat and Spotify - we are really starting to change the global world of payments.
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. Data Engineering is no exception! We are currently looking to grow our Data Domain to satisfy the company’s ever increasing need to understand, predict and make the right decisions on large, fast, structured, unstructured and growing amounts of data!
What you will do
The data journey starts in the data producing systems, travels through the Big-Data cluster, is refined in the Data Warehouse and presented to both internal and external users in the BI Applications. Since your team will be responsible for the whole stack, it is possible to become proficient in all technologies throughout the stack or choose to focus on some of them.
Your stakeholders will be Data Scientist, Business Analysts, other Engineers building Insights and all Klarna employees that need data in their daily work. We have amazing teams that take care of and become experts at different parts of the domain where sharing and collaboration are key.
As part of a Data Engineering team at Klarna you will mainly use Kafka, Hortonworks Hadoop, Postgres SQL, MS SQL, Qlik Sense - but we are always looking for the best technology available.
Who you are
- Klarna is looking for ambitious people with significant drive! You should be passionate about your job and enjoy a fast paced international working environment. You will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level thus, you should desire to go above and beyond to produce best work results! At Klarna we embrace change, you should dare to challenge the status quo and be persistent.
You should have
- Relevant education with a degree in engineering or comparable skills
- Experience of databases, BI tools and SQL (we really like SQL!)
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
You might also
- Enjoy thinking in structures, new use cases, visualisations and
- Be curious and interested in data, either big data, data warehouse or business intelligence, or all of the above!
How to apply
Send over a CV and cover letter in English.
We offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all different backgrounds and experiences. Your role will make a difference, and you will be a player in a team that has a strong impact on the business result. As an employee at one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you will play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.