Are you looking to join one of Silicon Valley’s hottest companies, with top-tier VC funding and all-star engineering, product, sales, and recruiting teams?
We are Sumo Logic, and we are building the Next Generation Log Management and Analytics solution delivered as a cloud-based service. With 2000+ enterprise customers in three years after our public launch, and $230M in funding from the world's leading investors (Accel, Greylock, Sequoia, Sutter Hill, and DFJ Growth), Sumo Logic is reshaping the Big Data landscape with its cloud-based machine data analytics platform.
As a Senior SDET, you will have ownership of creating and executing test plans and developing test strategy for critical system components and be responsible for analyzing test coverage, creating test cases and coordinating review and feedback from the cross-functional team. You will help bridge the gap between development and quality assurance.
Our system is a highly distributed, fault tolerant, multi-tenant platform that includes bleeding edge components related to storage, messaging, search, and analytics. This system ingests and analyzes terabytes of data a day, while making petabytes of data available for search and forensic analysis, and is expected to reach substantially larger scale in the near future.
You are a Senior Software Development in Test Engineer who loves breaking things and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Design, develop, and maintain test cases for UI testing or/and backend testing.
- Contribute actively towards scalable Automation strategy & execution.
- Participate in functional, system, and regression testing activities
- Work closely with development teams to ensure exceptional test coverage
- Estimate and perform risk analysis on large features during sprint planning meetings
- Report project status defects report and verification, and issue escalation in a timely manner.
- Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related fields
- 4+ years experience in testing
- Experience with Enterprise grade SaaS products
- Experience with Continuous Integration or Continuous Deployment a plus
- Experience with object-oriented languages, for example in Java, Python, Scala, Ruby, or C#
- Experience in working with Unix/Windows operating systems
- Familiar with QA processes
- Passion for testing with a “break it” mentality
- Familiar with test tools such as TestRails, Jira, JMeter, Selenium, etc
- Passion for cutting-edge technologies, complex problems, and breaking things.
- Ability to understand the Sumo Logic backend architecture in depth
- Clarity and precision in verbal and written communication
- Experience with testing large scale systems.
- Experience in big data and/or 24x7 commercial service is highly desirable.
- You should be happy working with Unix (Linux, OS X).
- Agile software development experience (test-driven development, iterative and incremental development) is a plus.