Sumo Logic is a massive distributed system for processing, analyzing and querying vast amount of logs and time series data (scaled-up grep and top):
- Runs at huge scale: 120 TB+ / new data daily, searches through petabytes daily and runs on thousands of servers.
- Modern architecture: SaaS, cloud, microservices, short release cycles and no legacy versions to maintain.
- Written in functional language--Scala using open-source technologies such as Kafka, Kubernetes and Cassandra.
- End users are mostly technical: developers, sysadmins and security analysts who need visibility into their software to monitor and troubleshoot effectively.
- 1500+ customers including Samsung SmartThings, Marriott, Adobe, Twitter, BBC, PayPal…
- Late stage startup from Silicon Valley with over $225mln in funding from prestigious investors.
We are looking for a Security Cloud Software Engineer who will:
- Design, build and operate a backend big data real-time analytics platform.
- Passionated about security and want to develop in this area.
- Produce clean, elegant, maintainable, robust, well-tested Scala code.
- Analyze, maintain and improve scalability, performance, security and reliability of our multi-tenant, highly distributed, fault-tolerant system.
- Cooperate efficiently in a team, understanding other teams needs and our business.
- Remain open to new ideas, feedback and constructive criticism.
- Actively improve and update professional skills through continued learning.
- Own the problem, take advantage of the ability to make your own decisions and also take responsibility end to end.
At Sumo Logic Warsaw office:
- We have 20+ engineers who previously worked at companies like: Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, Twitter, Palantir, Teradata, an algorithmic hedge fund and Syncron.
- Two product teams: metrics and metadata;
as well as several infrastructure subteams focused on development excellence, security, reliability, and efficiency.
- Shipped several impactful, game-changing projects.
- Completed technical studies (e.g. BSc or MS in Computer Science) or equivalent.
- Full-time availability for on-site work in Warsaw, Poland (occasional remote is fine).
- At least one year of solid experience after graduation (for Senior 3-5 years).
- Track record of shipped projects. Ideally in a similar domain (such as high scale, reliable 24/7, multi-tenant, SaaS)
- Experience with designing and debugging complex systems.
- Strong coding skills and fluent English.
Why it’s worth applying:
- Great salary and stock options.
- You can learn from pentester from top CTF team in the world.
- $2000 / year educational budget for conferences, as well as internal tech talks.
- Hack weeks to explore new ideas.
- Medical insurance for you and your family.
- Free lunch subsidy.
- A lot of senior opportunities to use your talent to provide high-quality solutions.