Sales Account Executive - Tokyo at Looker
WHO WE ARE
Looker is on a mission to bring better insights and data-driven decisions to every business. Everything we do is aimed at making sure our customers love every aspect of Looker, from our products and technologies to our ease of doing business and our support. We are looking for curiously brilliant individuals to join our team as we reinvent data analytics. Get data-driven and see yourself at Looker.
WHAT WE'VE GOT GOING ON
As our Sales Account Executive at Looker, you will be helping customers fundamentally change the way they explore & analyze their complex data and build value for their companies in the areas of Data and Analytics/Business Intelligence, reporting, visualization, data exploration/discovery, embedded analytics, and data science.
WHAT WE NEED YOU TO DO
- Identify and qualify opportunities for Looker’s “in-database” Business Intelligence software to solve customer Big Data problems
- Define, confirm and communicate the differentiated value of Looker to the customer at both the technical and business level
- Establish Looker’s ability to deliver business value through reference and use case selling, and proof of concept engagements
- Understand the formal and informal buying process in the customer's environment
- Identify the customer approvers, decision makers, and influencers, and develop strategies for each to mitigate risk and increase deal confidence
- Manage the closing process including negotiations, terms and conditions, and procurement activities
- Develop a 3x-5x 12 month pipeline of qualified opportunities to meet and exceed your quota targets
- Use Salesforce.com to maintain a current and accurate pipeline of your early stage, upside, and forecast deals
- Consistently communicate and brainstorm with your Looker management and extended team around all aspects of account and opportunity status & development
- Direct accountability to meet or exceed your quarterly and annual sales quota on a consistent basis
WHAT YOU BRING TO LOOKER
- Direct or indirect background in Business Intelligence with a strong understanding of market dynamics and process areas related to data
- High level of Business Intelligence Software sales experience as an inside or outside representative with a demonstrated history to consistently meet or exceed performance targets
- Demonstrated ability to build and manage customer executive relationships
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex sales cycles including the ability to provide coordination and direction to your extended team
- Direct or indirect experience in Business Intelligence or demonstrated ability and background to qualify opportunities, and communicate/position software technology
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong orientation to team communication and collaboration
- Preferred: Inside or outside sales experience with data processing workflows, data analytics, Business Intelligence, and/or data visualization software
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT LOOKER
Looker is a complete data platform that offers data analytics and business insights to every department, and easily integrates into applications to deliver data directly into the decision-making process. The company is powering data-driven cultures at more than 1500 industry-leading and innovative companies such as Sony, Amazon, The Economist, IBM, Spotify, Etsy, Lyft and Kickstarter. The company is headquartered in Santa Cruz, California, with offices in San Francisco, New York, Chicago, Boulder, London, Tokyo, and Dublin, Ireland. Investors include CapitalG, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Meritech Capital Partners, Redpoint Ventures, First Round Capital, Sapphire Ventures and Goldman Sachs. For more information, connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube or visit looker.com.
Looker aspires to be a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspective, and background lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. We encourage you to join us in changing the way businesses use data.