In June 2017, Sumo Logic announced another $75M funding round led by Sapphire Ventures, with participation from new and existing investors including DFJ Growth, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and others ( https://www.sumologic.com/press/2017-06-27/75-million-funding-round/). This brings our total funding to $235.5M to date. Sumo Logic’s business has scaled significantly, tripling both our annual recurring revenue and customer count to over 1,500 customers, reflecting every major vertical and company size.
Who Are We?
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semistructured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize analytics, making it accessible, simple and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic, customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
We are looking for a Technical Product Manager who will work closely with our engineering team in Warsaw office to guide products from conception to launch.
As part of the Product Management team, you bridge the technical and business worlds as you design services that our customers love. You'll work with Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Success, to create market strategy and resolve issues and problems that will affect product's success. You have a bias toward action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at startup speed.
Required Qualifications, Skills, & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or a related technical field and business postgraduate study
- 3+ years of experience in a technical product management role or related experience
- Strong technical foundation in the IT industry, including an in-depth working knowledge of the IT software and cloud infrastructure, knowledge about SaaS B2B market and IT services and operations
- Strong knowledge of Big Data, IaaS and PaaS technologies. Experience with leading cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or Google.
- Proven experience and knowledge with machine data collection and monitoring technologies such as ColecttD, FluentD, StatsD, Graphite, Prometheus, Syslog
- Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing
- Demonstrated ability to achieve strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment, and to evolve product strategy based on customer feedback, research, data and industry trends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others internally and externally
- Able to work both autonomously and effectively as part of a geographically dispersed team, self-motivated and team-oriented, excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills
- Identify market opportunities and define product vision and strategy
- Understand customer needs and gather product requirements
- Develop new products and enhance existing products
- Create and execute go-to-market strategy
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable implementation schedule
- Communicate and engage with product users from the very first user experience and throughout the lifecycle of the customer
- Define and deeply understand the metrics behind product performance (customer success and retention), set and communicate a mission that unites team around product goals
- Work closely with key customers and strategic partners to gather and analyze customer problems, use cases, and usage to gain a deep understanding of solution/product requirements.
- Deliver product requirements and manage the backlog
- Partner with local and remote scrum, marketing, sale and customer success teams to ensure alignment of scope and execution
- Represent the voice of the customers to scrum and other engineering meetings
- Partner with Engineering to ensure our service is meeting the scale (100TB/day and growing) and reliability goals, and make necessary prioritization decisions to support those goals
- Contribute and/or develop various aspects of sales kits including whitepapers, blogs, messaging documents, presentations, and product demonstrations.
- Travel (approximately 10-20% both domestic and international) for HQ, customer visits, industry conferences, thought leadership and evangelism, supporting marketing activities at trade shows
We offer (why join Sumo):
- Work with motivated, well organized and highly skilled professionals who deliver at startup speed
- Easy access to customers, as well as UX, Sale, and Customer Success teams
- Chance to co-create senior, geographically distributed PM team
- Impact on our Product Management process
- A fast learning culture and a training budget
- Full-time employment agreement and attractive salary
- Travel to meet customers and other teams (mostly to Europe and Silicon Valley HQ)
- Benefits: medical insurance, English lessons, lunch budget, trainings and team events