Brand Marketing Director - New York at POPSUGAR
New York City, NY, US
POPSUGAR is seeking a highly motivated strategic thinker and cross-functional marketer dedicated to launching, supporting, and scaling our licensing and consumer brand initiatives. As Director of Brand Marketing, you will oversee all aspects of consumer marketing and execution of revenue and influence driving programs that drive brand awareness, audience and enable revenue growth for POPSUGAR.
- Oversees marquee brand marketing strategy and execution for POPSUGAR's marquee revenue and influence driving marketing initiatives as determined by manager. These initiatives include, but are not limited to:
- Brand licensing + consumer products (Beauty by POPSUGAR at Ulta, POPSUGAR at KOHL’s)
- POPSUGAR Play/Ground
- POPSUGAR Must Have & Must Have It
- Plan, develop, and lead all aspects of the brand marketing function in order to achieve the company’s strategic short and long-term sales growth, revenue and profitability goals. This includes acquisition through branded and paid efforts as well as retention through email marketing, on site banners and loyalty programs.
- Own the execution of brand marketing campaigns from creative development to performance, while working in close collaboration with other departments across disciplines.
- Responsible for building and executing a holistic marketing plan and develop engaging content for reach marketing channel with goal of driving engagement and ultimately conversion.
- Partner across departments to achieve campaign/initiative's goals to deliver awareness, brand impressions, engagement, and traffic through email. Oversee daily management of campaigns from concept to completion through developing a creative, brief, working closely with all internal partners (creative team, BD, ops), manage creative review process with timely feedback and approvals.
- Manage and assess campaign and brand performance to proactively suggest action plans where opportunities exist.
- Explore, evaluate, and present emerging media and marketing tools + trends
- Work directly with VP of Brand Development to develop and manage marketing budget to manage in Consumer Marketing budgeting process (billing, invoicing, tracking)
- Develop brand marketing playbook to maintain best practices across all campaigns
- Additional responsibilities include development of new strategies and approaches for increased audience and user acquisition, engagement, retention, and revenue, ownership and management of the marketing roadmap, reporting, analysis, and communication of business performance and impact to stakeholders, and partnering across departments to support company goals.
- 8-10 years of experience in consumer marketing
- Must have experience with e-commerce, content and social marketing
- Must be passionate about holistic marketing (with heavy focus on digital), highly analytical and experienced in making data-driven decisions to help a business grow. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and experience working with agencies, creative, PR, and other teams to achieve revenue and efficiency goals.
- Must understand the full digital marketing mix and be able to communicate technical aspects of a campaign in easily digestible manner
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Experience creating & operationalizing user journey and buyer messaging maps across multiple channels
- Ability to turn around clean, witty, accurate copy on tight deadlines
- Is proficient with HTML, Photoshop, CMS, tagging guide, google analytics, and style guide
- Strong familiarity with Marketing platforms (Google Search, Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn), Analytics platforms (Google Analytics)
- Deep analytical understanding of media data, metrics, and measurement; track record of distilling actionable insights from data
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; must be able to effectively manage both ambiguity and aggressive timelines for projects.
Evening, weekend, and occasional offsite work is required as needed.