Research Engineer - Computer Vision at Skydio
Redwood City, CA, US
The core of our system is the computer vision algorithms that allow drones to understand the world around them. You’ll architect and implement the algorithms that run on every drone powered by Skydio as part of a world class computer vision team with researchers who have pushed the state of the art in academia and industry.
We’re looking for people who bring together an understanding of the relevant theory, solid software skills, and an ability to drive through to working solutions.
How you'll make an impact:
- Design and implement real-time estimation, mapping, tracking, classification, and detection algorithms
- Imagine and then implement new features that unlock magic for our users
- Characterize and quantify the performance of the vision system
- Research and prototype new approaches
- Be a generalist helping out on all aspects of the software when needed
- More important than specific domain experience is an ability to make the math, the algorithms, and the code all line up and work well on real world problems
- Hands-on experience with visual odometry, mapping and SLAM
- Proficiency with probabilistic inference and 3d geometry
- Optimization for computationally constrained environments
- Deep Learning - training data, neural networks, online learning
- Solid software engineering foundation and a commitment to writing clean, well architected code
- High proficiency in C++
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, collaborative, small team environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.