Product Manager at Klarna
Who we are
Klarna’s mission is to free people from all the meaningless time spent managing money and purchases, so they can do more of what they love. Every day at Klarna we help consumers, merchants, and partners to explore just how smoooth the modern purchase experience can be. Our position at the crossroads of payments, consumer financing, ecommerce and banking means we are uniquely positioned to do this. There is no label for what we do.
Klarna was born in Stockholm in 2005 and today has 2000 employees working across Europe and the US. We currently serve 60 million consumers, work together with 90,000 merchants and process more than a million payment transactions a day. We are growing at 40% year on year and our investors include Visa, Atomico, Sequoia Capital, Permira and Bestseller group/ Anders Holsch Povlsen. We have strong partnerships with some of the world’s leading brands, such as ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Zara, Lufthansa and Spotify.
To find out more about what it's like to work at Klarna: klarna.com/careers
Klarna strives to become the world’s favourite way to buy, and you can contribute to reaching this goal! We are looking to hire great people, who are passionate about using their talents to generate success. We are currently looking for Product Managers to play a key role in our mission to be the rebels of banking.
What you will do
At Klarna, Customers are our obsession. From innovative products like our Consumer Mobile App or Merchant Portal, to our game changing Klarna Checkout, Klarna payment methods, and banking solutions, we build products with the customer in mind.
Product Managers are at the heart of this obsession, always solving challenges that customers are facing or delighting them with products they didn’t know they needed. One of the main reasons that Klarna is able to bring innovative payment and banking solutions to its customers is because of the collaborate work that Product Managers lead with Engineering, Product Design, Analytics, Business Development and Support teams.
You will define the problem space, create the vision, build a roadmap, and set the pace of your team. A Klarna Product Manager lives in the tension between strategic thinking and tactical execution, while understanding the benefit of iterating quickly and thinking globally.
- Understand markets, competition, and user requirements in depth
- Build product strategy, including definition of scope, roadmap, and KPIs
- Work with cross-functional teams including engineers, designers, data scientists and more
- Own and articulate end-to-end product requirements across technology teams
Who you are
- Courageous - Willing to speak up, make decisions, take calculated risks
- Detailed Thinkers - Passionate and open-minded while meticulously about data and details
- Delivers Results - Able to see beyond their own problem space and dependencies to find solutions
- Challenges the Status Quo - Never misses an opportunity to disrupt the industry and embraces change
- Lets the Team Shine - Leads with integrity, giving respect and earning trust along the way
- Starts Small and Learns Fast - Tests, iterates, measures and learns in order to drive innovation
You should have
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledgeable in agile and lean development methodologies
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
You might also have
- Ability to prioritise complex deliverables, have technical discussions, and collaborate at all levels
- We also love Product Managers that can design or code but it’s not a must have!
How to apply
Send over a CV in English.
We can offer you an international working environment filled with smart and ambitious colleagues. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those from different backgrounds and experiences. As part of one of Europe’s fastest growing companies, you'll help play an important role in taking Klarna to the next level.