Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 500 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to unleash the world’s creative energy by designing a more enlightened way of working. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, Dropbox has more than 12 offices around the world.
Our Engineering team is working to simplify the way people work together. They’re building a family of products that handle over a billion files a day for people around the world. With our broad mission and massive scale, there are countless opportunities to make an impact.
- Build foundational features on the desktop client that allows rapid product innovation across Mac, Windows and Linux platforms
- Create a platform that allows Dropbox’s millions of desktop users to continually stay up to date on latest Dropbox software
- Tackle tough engineering and product problems at the heart of Dropbox sync and content collaboration
- Create a desktop application framework that feels native, and unlocks new features from the host operating system for Dropbox client applications.
- Measure, optimize, and build one of industry's most advanced analytics platforms to derive meaning from vast amounts of data.
- Push the boundaries of OS integration on MacOS, Windows, and Linux.
- Enable users to store and share billions of memories on Dropbox, and make these experiences user-friendly
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related
- 4+ years software engineering or relevant experience
- Demonstrable coding ability in Python, C++, Rust, Objc/Swift, Typescript
- Experience in systems/API design
- Experience with developer frameworks like Cocoa, Electron, React/Redux, NWJS, .NET, and/or deep expertise (contributor) in programing languages or application frameworks
- Some experience with Desktop applications
Benefits and Perks
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).