About the Role
The Uber Transit team is looking to hire a passionate, entrepreneurial product leader who seeks to change the face of transportation as we know it. As a key member of the Transit leadership team, this is a unique opportunity to help build one of Uber's most exciting new initiatives. You will grow and lead the product managers responsible for Transit Agency Solutions and the Transit Rider Experience in the Uber App - one of the fastest-growing areas within Uber.
What You'll Do
As Group Product Manager for Transit, these are the types of questions you will wrestle with every day: How to enable Transit Agencies to increase efficiency, increase equity and accessibility while enhancing rider experience? How to empower Transit Agencies to leverage big data and cutting edge technology to optimize movement throughout their cities across all modes of transportation. Other responsibilities include:
- Work with the Head of Transit to define Uber Transit's product strategy and roadmap
- Manage, coach and mentor a growing team of Product Managers responsible for Transit Agency Solutions and the Transit Rider experience
- Lead and collaborate with the broader technology team, including Engineering, Data Science, Design, UX Research, Sales, Business Development, Operations, Product Operations, and Marketing to bring your ideas to life
- Develop objectives and key results (OKRs) to build short, medium and long-term product roadmaps that take products from conception through launch and growth
- Build and launch industry-changing products from scratch and by building upon existing technologies within the Uber Transit product suite
- Partner with stakeholders across the company to ensure that the Uber Transit team can deliver its products in collaboration with other verticals within the Uber organization
- Represent Uber in meetings with Transit Agencies and at Transit industry events to evangelize Uber Transit's products and capabilities
What You'll Need
- Minimum of 10 years experience delivering successful and innovative enterprise solutions and/or B2B2C products with mass adoption, beloved by your users
- Minimum of 5 years experience managing happy, productive and empowered Product teams of at least three Product Managers
- Demonstrated ability to leverage Lean methodologies to determine the product-market fit for new products
- Experience partnering with product design leaders and proficiency with UI/UX paradigms to build elegant user experiences
Bonus Points For
- Academic background in computer science and/or engineering
About the Team
Every day, riders take over 3 billion trips on public transportation, making mass transit vastly larger than ridesharing. Uber Transit seeks to provide transit agencies and transit riders with the best possible transit experience - saving time and reducing costs while gaining efficiencies. Imagine a future where Bikes, Buses, Trains, Subways, Ferries, UberPool, Scooters, and UberX seamlessly interconnect to lower cost, reduce congestion and cut pollution. That future starts today.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.