Senior Software Engineer at Attentive
New York City, NY, US
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $40 million Series B investment led by Sequoia Capital in July 2019. Across our key product metrics, YoY growth is 1000%+ and is only accelerating. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to bolster our development team. Our team is focused on building applications to facilitate and support a new communication channel for marketers. This role will build features, lead projects, mentor engineers, and help prioritize tech debt.
You at Attentive
- You have worked professionally with web technologies for 5+ years with experience on a single application long enough to see the consequences of your decisions.
- You have a proven track record of building applications that maintain a high bar of quality.
- You understand how to negotiate with Product Management to meet the user’s needs without sacrificing quality or accruing tech debt. You deeply loathe regressions and take proactive steps to protect against them through a variety of testing techniques.
- You are excited by new technologies but are conscious of choosing them for the right reasons.
- You are constantly improving the quality of the project you are working on, both via code contributions as well as long-term advocacy for larger scale changes.
- You are enthusiastic about the high impact, fast-paced work environment of an early stage startup
Tech at Attentive
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis.
- Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is over 20 engineers from NYC’s top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus.
- Our platform consists of a microservices architecture hosted on AWS that ingests tens of millions of events per day. Each event is fed into a segmentation framework that schedules messages based on behavior - over a million of these messages are sent out every day.
Benefits & Perks
- Robust benefits package including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans
- Daily company-paid lunch, customized snacks and drinks, cold-brew coffee on tap
- Excellent team offsites, regular company-wide events, and other fun stuff
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration