The Uber Eats team is dedicated to the mission of making eating well effortless, everyday, for everyone. With Uber speed, professional delivery partners, and partnerships with the world's best-loved restaurants, we are bringing convenience and happiness to people one meal at a time.
As a Product Manager on the Menu Experience team, you will be at the forefront of defining how restaurants and eaters interact with the food items that make up the core of their ordering experience on Uber Eats. How should we scalably accommodate complex menus (think your large iced latte with 2% milk, an extra shot of espresso, 3 pumps of caramel syrup and 2 packets of brown sugar)? How do we build an ontology of food (ie a "food graph") to power personalized recommendations for what to order? In what ways can we help restaurants design the perfect menu through sophisticated data science?
What you'll do
The world of menus is complex and ever-expanding. This is a representative sampling of the problems you might be tackling on the team:
- Determine how to best structure and model menus that have a lot of customizations (for example, pizza, coffee, bagels)
- Build an understanding of what ingredients, allergens, nutritional information, etc. go into every dish on every menu on every restaurant on the Uber Eats platform
- Work closely with our data scientists to generate a menu optimization roadmap, filled with suggestions for how restaurants can tweak their menus to increase their conversion rates
- Create the tools that let restaurants intuitively build and experiment with their menus on Uber Eats
What you'll need
- Minimum 3 years experience delivering successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them.
- Technical savviness. Can manifest in different ways: a computer science undergraduate degree, hands-on software engineering experience, or experiences building complex software products side by side with engineers. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the metal.
- Attention to detail. The ability to obsess over every last pump of caramel syrup.
- Customer obsession. The ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our users and partner's problems.
- Finger-tippiness with data. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- A "Driver" mindset. You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguator/simplifier, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on.
- A high bar across the board -- from your own contributions, to the people you work with, to the products you work on.
- A true passion for Uber's mission, our products, and the company's hybrid technology/operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.