At Amplitude, we’re building analytics that helps our customers use data to build better products and drive growth. We’re already the analytics platform of choice for many top product teams around the world including Microsoft, Disney, and Hubspot. Backed by top VCs -- Battery Ventures, Benchmark and YCombinator, our team is defining the future of how companies interact with data to build better products.
The Go-to-Market Operations team leverages data, technology, and process to support the explosive growth of Amplitude. We partner with leaders from the Go-to-market team (Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, and Partnerships) to develop a cohesive go-to-market strategy and execute on a global scale. The business systems team is foundation component of GTM Ops that provides the data, automation, and tooling required for scale.
The Senior Salesforce Developer will design, develop, and implement SaaS-based application, data, and integration Engineering solutions that help run our go-to-market and back office functions. In addition they will evaluate existing components or systems to determine integration requirements and to ensure final solutions meet organizational needs. This role requires deep Salesforce.com configuration & customization knowledge, integration experience and sound judgment in order to effectively plan and deliver. Over time, a successful candidate will own one or more pieces of our Business Systems infrastructure and may be required to lead or direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected! Amplitude is growing at an extraordinary pace and there is a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in this position.
This position is an individual contributor and reports to the Head of Business Systems.
- Deliver world-class business systems to drive Amplitude forward.
- Collaborate with a group of BSAs to deliver on projects using proven software development processes (Agile / SCRUM).
- Work with internal business team customers to gather requirements to deliver innovative solutions that meet needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability and realistic implementation schedules.
- Work cross-functionally with other engineering teams, such as BI / data engineering, growth engineering, and product development.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, and/or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in IT applications emphasizing Salesforce.com configuration, customization and support.
- Experience with Salesforce.com developer toolkit including Apex Classes, Controllers and Triggers, Visualforce, Force.com IDE, Migration Tools, Web Services is required.
- Experience with Salesforce data tools (Data Loader, Excel Connector, DemandTools, Eclipse Force.com IDE etc.), and/or scripted data loader.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of requirements gathering, creating/deploying solutions to end users, REST/SOAP API, relational databases.
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning, Lightning Component Framework, and SLDS is a strong plus.
- Experience developing and supporting partner portal/community on Salesforce is a strong plus.
- Salesforce advanced developer certification is a strong plus.
- Experience with SaaS business applications like Marketo, Zendesk, Salesforce CPQ, and NetSuite.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.