Zerto helps customers accelerate IT transformation by eliminating the risk and complexity of modernization and cloud adoption. By replacing multiple legacy solutions with a single IT Resilience Platform, Zerto is changing the way disaster recovery, data protection and cloud are managed. With enterprise scale, Zerto’s software platform delivers continuous availability for an always-on customer experience while simplifying workload mobility to protect, recover and move applications freely across hybrid and multi-clouds. Zerto is trusted by over 6,000 customers globally and is powering resiliency offerings for Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud, AWS, Sungard AS, and more than 350 cloud services providers. Learn more at Zerto.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated and data-focused Sales Development leader. The Director, Global Sales Development will lead the effort to scale a world-class sales development and account development team worldwide. At Zerto, the Sales Development department is comprised of four teams, arranged globally – US East, West, Central in Boston, MA, and EMEA in Reading, UK, each with local managers. The ideal candidate will have experience leading global teams, and will be responsible for both inbound and outbound strategies. The role requires familiarity with account-based marketing concepts, as this is a considerable part of the prospecting the team works on for Zerto sales reps. The ideal leader in this role is a passionate coach and mentor with success developing a career path for young employees. The role reports to VP, Corporate Marketing and is fully integrated into the lead generation “machine” of marketing at Zerto.
Essential Responsibilities and Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Expert-level knowledge of lead and pipeline generation efforts
- Previous experience exceeding meeting and pipeline goals for a similar-sized team (50+ employees worldwide)
- Data-driven decision maker, with experience building SDR strategy, including playbooks, and cadences as well as career path strategy and annual team goals
- Deep understanding of employee motivation with the ability to set individual and team targets
- Motivated by hitting aggressive targets and excellent at motivating others
- Caring manager, focused on the long-term development of young sales talent
- Frequent interaction with exec team and sales and marketing leadership – role will require excellent communication skills and willingness to collaborate and provide creative solutions when conflicts arise
- Ability to leverage tools to provide real-time visibility, analytics, and reporting on performance
- Collaborate with marketing on digital, field and Account-Based Marketing strategies and campaigns, ensuring sales development tactics are in sync with marketing campaign execution
- 10+ years of management experience with proven track record of hiring, retaining and developing individuals and building teams
- Previous experience building and achieving meeting and pipeline goals and OKRs
- Expert-level proficiency in Salesforce, (Salesloft, Clari and other SDR tools a plus)
- Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred