Zerto helps customers accelerate IT transformation by eliminating the risk and complexity of modernization and cloud adoption. By replacing multiple legacy solutions with a single IT Resilience Platform, Zerto is changing the way disaster recovery, data protection and cloud are managed. With enterprise scale, Zerto’s software platform delivers continuous availability for an always-on customer experience while simplifying workload mobility to protect, recover and move applications freely across hybrid and multi-clouds. Zerto is trusted by over 6,000 customers globally and is powering resiliency offerings for Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud, AWS, Sungard AS and more than 350 cloud services providers. Learn more at Zerto.com.
Zerto is seeking a Senior Press and Analyst Influence Relations Manager to cultivate the company’s strategic engagements with influencers who follow and cover disaster recovery, backup/storage, cloud data management and IT resilience. As part of Zerto’s dynamic and fast-paced Corporate Communications team, the senior manager will work to establish Zerto as the leading provider of IT resilience and disruptor of transitional backup. In this role, the senior manager will support the strategy development, planning and facilitation of the external and internal PR and AR communications, manage the day-to-day PR agency and engage with executives, subject matter experts on Zerto’s product teams and drive an integrated influencers communication plan.
We are looking for an experienced communications leader with a proven ability to:
- Develop influencer program strategies, goals, objectives, guiding principles, and quantitative/qualitative success metrics.
- Foster relationships with key influencers and orchestrate communication strategies to guide media coverage and analysts research agendas, ensuring favorable outcomes and building awareness for Zerto as a market leader.
- Build credibility and trust with senior executives and counsel stakeholders on strategy, plans and issue management related to influencing the analyst and media community.
- Candidates should be results-oriented, have a strong intellectual curiosity, be comfortable working within a dynamic market space and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment. A mix of agency and in-house experience is desired.
- Understand Zerto’s platform and technology, competitive landscape and issues that impact Zerto’s business.
- Work closely with stakeholders to enhance and evolve the Zerto narrative with the media and analyst communities in new and differentiated ways.
- Develop and execute analyst engagement plans that will strengthen and build relationships through briefings and other interactions, with a focus on firms like Gartner, IDC and Forrester.
- Work closely with the PR agency to identify story ideas and opportunities, develop editorial calendar for announcements, media pitches, bylined articles and expert commentary to secure industry and business press coverage.
- Work across teams to develop entries and submissions for core analyst reports (i.e. MQs) and industry awards.
- Write and edit a wide range of content and work closely with cross-functional teams on content investments and the integration of content into demand generation programs.
- Track trends and media/analyst’s opinions in key areas and disseminate market intelligence to inform Zerto stakeholder and leadership teams.
- Negotiate contracts, oversee renewals and agency retainer and manage all activities within defined budget.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 6 - 8 years' experience in media and analyst relations - focus on B2B, IT audience.
- Relationships with top tier business & technology press and industry analysts.
- Experience in enterprise software/technology and has an overall understanding of the industry. Specific knowledge of Backup/DR technology and products is a plus.
- Self-starter with proven project and business management skills.
- Polished and professional demeanor and communication skills.
- Excellent writing, editing, and project management skills
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to represent the company in front of discriminating influencers.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work with various product and marketing stakeholders.
- A BA/BS degree in communications, marketing or technology-related field is preferable.
- Position is based in Boston, MA with approximately 20% travel.