Zerto a market leading enterprise ISV, and a globally managed Microsoft partner, that sells IT Resilience Platform that changes the way disaster recovery, data protection and cloud are managed. With over 7500 customers, including some the largest USA based companies, Zerto is a key enabler of Microsoft Azure. The Microsoft co-selling relationship is a strategic sales priority and this role is key to the success of the Zerto and Microsoft alliance. Learn more at Zerto.com.
The Microsoft Co-Sell Manager is responsible for building, developing and maintaining the Microsoft co-sell relationship in North America and will be measured primarily on the number of co-sell win, Microsoft initiated co-sell opportunities and evangelize-lead awareness of Zerto within the Microsoft, SI and Channel ecosystem.
The Microsoft Co-Sell Manager is charged with working closely with Microsoft-US business leaders, Microsoft Account Executives, Zerto Account Executives, and key Zerto channel partners to close co-sell deals. The role is an extension/overlay to the Zerto Sales, but is part of the Strategic Alliances team, and reports to the Director, Microsoft Global Alliance.
Success will be measured in terms of Azure ACR and ACA per quarter, number of co-sell wins, number of Microsoft- sourced new customer opportunities, number and quality of evangelism/training events, and operational success with various joint marketing and events.
- Develop the business plan for co-sell success.
- Work closely with Microsoft AE’s and Azure Solution Sales Specialists to position and co-sell Zerto’s solution
- Evangelize Zerto solutions, Azure ACR and ACA benefits, and customers value to Microsoft ATU and STU teams in Microsoft offices
- Manage the relationship with the Microsoft US Partner Development Manager and US Partner Marketing Manger with the goal of being perceived as a highly effective and efficient partner – i.e. not needy but effective
- Maintain co-sell pipeline forecast and provide Zerto alliance and sales management with regular updates including co-sell forecasts, competitive analysis, market trends, and territory opportunity
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with Microsoft regional sales leaders while developing annual business plans focused on co-sell wins with Azure.
- Coordinate GTM activities with Zerto marketing and ensure optimal utilization to drive sales pipeline growth
- Create innovative campaigns and programs to drive pipeline and close opportunities with Microsoft and Channel/SI partners
- Build and Manage relationships with top Microsoft US Subsidiary ATU and STU leaders
- Train Zerto sellers on Microsoft solutions, messaging and best practices for effective co-sell.
- Manage, update and optimize the Microsoft co-sell operational systems and integration with Zerto’s CRM.
- Maximize all investment funding available from Microsoft and comply with operational and reporting requirements.
The role requires experience and strong track record of managing strategic relationships in the IT sector. Specifically:
- Experience and proven track record in managing and growing co-sell deals through a Microsoft partnership.
- Ability to build relationships and influence cross functionally; coordinating and leading senior level sales meetings and implementing business plans.
- Experienced in developing and managing strategic partnerships
- Be able to overcome field sale challenges and evangelize the Zerto and Microsoft joint value to a technical and business audience
- Be well accepted by field sales teams as adding value around the partnership and to the sales process
- Strong project and program management skills.
- Ability to develop and implement partner sales plans that drive co-sell and revenue goals.
- Understanding and experience in the Microsoft Partner Ecosystem and of the Microsoft OCP programs and tools.
- Strong alliance partner management experience, partner development, business experience and partner empathy.
- Understanding of Microsoft's Enterprise Products and Azure, corporate culture and competitive landscape
General Skills & Abilities
The successful person in this role will have a passion for new business sales & co-selling motions. They will be able to operate with confidence in the technology sales arena. To do this, they will need to possess some essential skills and abilities:
- A self-starter needing low level management time and attention to perform day today responsibilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong results / goal-orientation
- Team player able to operate in matrix environment
- Excellent networker
- Acts with honesty and Integrity
- Demonstrates good time management
- Highly organized and capable of multitasking with exceptional success
- Independent, driven thinker who can follow direction
- Works well in teams, does not need to own everything
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- The ability to articulate simply complex technology, dive deeper and hand-off effectively to technical team members when necessary.
- Strong networker able to grow Zerto's reach
- Strong business analytical mindset: well-versed in articulating the business model and return on investment for customers and prospects
- This position will require some travel, including trade shows and conferences as required by corporate
Qualifications and Skills
- Industry-recognized solution sales training, with evidence that it is ‘lived’
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in enterprise technology industry
- Ideally 5 years in partner alliance or sales experiance with a proven track record of success.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Azure, and good practical skills with Microsoft Office 365 (Teams, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint) and CRM (Salesforce or Dynamics).
- Understanding of enterprise sales and solutions selling
- BA or BS degree (MBA desired)
- Success in building and managing technology alliances a plus
- Technical background, developer, dev ops, consultant, TAM a plus
- Bachelor's (Required) MBA preferred
- United States (Required)
- USA – remote (home office) or Boston