Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers and sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the “Artificial Intelligence” that cloud, mobile and AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity and obligation to build a world-class engineering team and the operating platform that will transform real estate.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer focused on our Consumer team, you will use your experience with modern web frameworks to build products that improve every step of the real estate agent, buyer and seller experience at Compass. The consumer experience team’s charter is to help consumers navigate the hard process of choosing a real estate agent and buy, rent or sell at compass platform. You will help develop an industry leading consumer experience for anyone coming to compass.com to buy, sell or rent while also supporting the growth of the world’s most scalable brokerage.
You are a senior developer who is passionate about creating a differentiated consumer experience and you feel it is critical that your voice is heard in product and business decisions. You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You’re both a listener and contributor. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood.You love trying out new frameworks and libraries.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop and scale the front end of our Consumer Experience product that powers compass.com experience for buyers, sellers and real estate agents.
- Collaborate with product and design to move fast on creating solutions to business problems.
- Inspire, recruit and mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of decoupled systems and automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Proven track record working in top talent and high performance environments
- Experience with Redux, ES6, Webpack is a plus
- Can contribute best-practices and architectural leadership to our front end applications
- In-depth experiencing leading and owning projects from beginning to end
- In-depth experience with agile methodologies and automated testing with some exposure to TDD & pair programming
- Experience collaborating closely with UX and Product Managers
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery is a plus.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.