Glossier is building its in-house Consumer Insights and research function. This role will report directly to the head of the Consumer Insights function, and presents a rare opportunity to help develop a group that drives critical business decision making.
We are looking for a passionate, talented, and curious Consumer Insights Lead to help translate business goals into tangible, data-driven insights. The team conducts custom quantitative and qualitative research to obtain a nuanced, rich understanding of the market, Glossier’s existing customers, and future consumers.
- The vast majority of research is owned, programmed, and analyzed in-house with minimal reliance on outside vendors. The Consumer Insights Lead will be hands-on from research ideation, to reporting and socialization.
- Ad hoc research includes concept and name testing, segmentation, pricing, and trial/usage studies.
- On-going work includes customer post-purchase insights, brand health tracking, and value proposition/messaging validation
6 Month Accomplishments:
- Own the day-to-day management of “always on” research (i.e. brand health tracking, post-purchase research)
- Take first pass at survey design, questionnaire development, audience and sample plan, and data analysis and reporting
- Will have a seat at the table for cross-functional conversations with internal clients and stakeholders
- This person will also manage syndicated data sources and tools, including syndicated data subscriptions and social listening tools.
- Partner cross-functionally with teams ranging from Product Development & Marketing, New Business, International, and even senior leadership to design
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Own timelines and communication with research stakeholders
- Lead the development and presentation of reports that communicate key insights, action items, and recommendations in a clear, crisp way
- Continued accomplishments from 6 months
The Ideal Candidate…
- Is inclusive, courageous, discerning, curious, and devoted the the customer
- Has experience translating business objectives into quantitative, qualitative, and multi-stage research plans. Research vendor/agency background strongly preferred.
- Has strong experience in personally managing both the upfront (designing research plans, writing surveys and logic, and designing sampling plan) and backend (analysis plans, weighting, data analysis) of research, rather than passing research of to a vendor. A track record for managing a high volume of quantitative research studies.
- Has the ability to digest multiple research touchpoints and deliver clear, actionable stories for cross-functional partners and teams.
- Has a strategic mindset rooted in a tenacious need to ask “...but why?”
- Is independent, adaptable, comfortable working in fast-paced organization, and eager to learn (no job too big, no task too small).
- Expert in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint. SPSS or SQL experience preferred.
- Experience in self-service research tools (i.e. Qualtrics)
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.