Director of Business Analytics at Attentive
New York City, NY, US
Attentive is a mobile messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $40 million Series B investment led by Sequoia in July 2019. We’ve seen 8x customer growth in just one year, and now work with 500+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Urban Outfitters, Coach, & Crate and Barrel. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Director of Business Analytics will be in charge of providing business insights and accelerate Attentive’s data-driven decision making. You will establish a framework that promotes accurate, precise and useful data products that align with the strategic business needs of key stakeholders and offer actionable insights for decision-making that drives critical business decisions supporting our growth plans.
- Identify growth opportunities, evaluate their potential impacts, and assess the level of effort needed to implement each initiative in order to grow our business, improve operational efficiency, or create new product offerings
- Structure and deliver concise, data driven narratives in order to drive our priorities by translating data into compelling stories
- Build analytical frameworks, analyze complex data, and visualize key business insights across different functions and leadership levels
- Provide ad hoc and recurring data analysis and reports to the Sales organization and senior leadership
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative field like Economics, Finance, Data Science
- At least 7-10 years of progressive, multi-functional experience in business analytics (product, marketing, operations, financial modeling, etc.)
- A quick learner that enjoys tackling open-ended problems
- Self-starter who is able to be hands-on and can analyze, interpret and derive insights into business reports, analytic models, and data sources
- An excellent and structured verbal and written communicator
- Thrive in a fast paced, innovative work environment
- Energized by trying new things, and enjoy making an impact.