Hims and Hers is a health and wellness brand built to make healthcare accessible for all, regardless of gender, insurance status, or location. Since launching in November 2017, we’ve raised over $200MM in funding and are one of the fastest growing direct-to-consumer brands in history. Our mission is to make it easier for people to gain access to care and treatment for the conditions that impact their day-to-day lives, helping them to look better, feel better, and stay healthy.
About the job:
The Engineering Manager will be working closely with C-Level leadership to build and manage the engineering organization at hims & hers, establishing and documenting processes, executing product development and related projects, as well as scaling the organization itself through thoughtful hiring, training, and review practices, by defining the org structure, and building a healthy & happy team culture. The Engineering Manager has an opportunity to have a high level impact on the success and direction of our organization.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate closely with others to build and manage a team of dedicated professionals who are obsessed with changing the way people access healthcare
- Work closely with the C Suite to define roles, projects, execution and timelines
- Help the team scale by hiring, onboarding, training, reviewing and retaining great technical talent
- Be driven by the data to process improvements
- Create an environment that supports organizational growth
Who You are:
- An experienced and passionate people Manager, Director, or perhaps even VP, with 10+ years experience at rapidly scaling startups or innovative tech companies
- Capable of building and effectively supervising teams of 50-100+ engineers
- You care about the people you supervise, and are committed to supporting them in their efforts
- You have a deep understanding of current and emerging trends of the web platform, though perhaps you don’t write much code these days
- You’re driven by data-based analysis and make decisions based on what your reporting is telling you, rather than simply your gut instinct
- You’ve got a track record of managing complex projects, prioritizing based on need, and hitting predicted milestones
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
Hims is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Hims considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance