As a big data engineer working on the App Annie Labs team, you will be a key contributor toward product innovation. You will be part of a dedicated experimental R&D team tasked with exploring and ultimately proving out the business and technical viability of new market opportunities for the company by developing and beta-testing prototypes.
What you will tell your friends when they ask you what you do?
"I work in App Annie’s Product Research and Development Division (a.k.a. App Annie Labs), which is tasked with uncovering new market opportunities for App Annie, ultimately driving the innovation and future growth of the company."
How will you do this?
- Collaborate with leaders in Product and Engineering to deliver new product concepts to help us to achieve our company objectives.
- Conduct research and technical experiments to evaluate both the viability and feasibility of new product ideas.
- Build and test viable prototypes that, if proven to be successful, will be in full production and integrated into the core product.
Who are you?
- A technical innovator with experience developing large-scale product and design visions
- A seasoned data engineer with a proven track record for building well-architected data models on big data platforms
- Has the ability to think broadly, but at the same time bring simplicity to complex problems
- An excellent communicator with a knack for concisely explaining problems and solutions
- A strong drive to continue learning and developing
What should you bring to the party?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 6 years in software development, with multiple examples of working with big data platforms (e.g. Spark, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, HBase, etc.)
- Excellent grasp of data modeling techniques, data warehousing and relational as well as non-relational data stores
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Hands-on experience with machine learning is a huge asset
Who are we?
App Annie is the industry's most trusted mobile data and analytics platform. App Annie's mission to help customers create winning mobile experiences and achieve excellence. The company created the mobile app data market and is committed to delivering the industry’s most complete mobile performance offering. More than 1,100 enterprise clients and 1 million registered users across the globe and spanning all industries rely on App Annie as the standard to revolutionize their mobile business. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with 12 offices worldwide.
What do we offer?
- Lots of responsibility + room for you to experiment and grow with the company.
- An international team of super-talented people from different cultural backgrounds (Beijing, San Francisco, Utrecht and more) and therefore lots of international travel opportunities.
- 15 days of paid leave, so long as you promise to come back!
- Competitive salary & stock options.
- Extended health and dental benefits.