Thrive Global is the leading behavior change SaaS company helping individuals and companies drive high performance from a foundation of well-being, ultimately ending the stress and burnout epidemic. We’re leading the global conversation around well-being and performance and developing products and programs that help people go from knowing what to do to actually doing it.
We are looking for a head of business development who can contribute meaningfully to the hyper-growth of Thrive Global at an exciting time in its development.
The role, which reports to the CEO, will manage business development opportunities with a range of different partners across Thrive’s existing business lines and areas of expansion, including M&A. When an opportunity has been identified, the role will lead discussions with the potential partner, evaluate and present options to the team, negotiate to make those opportunities a reality, and ensure successful execution and implementation. The role is also a member of the executive team overseeing the company.
The role will work cross-functionally, collaborating with everyone from marketing to product to sales, in addition to serving in a leading role for the business and corporate development team. The ideal candidate is a dynamic team player who will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere and who has a passion for Thrive’s mission.
- Overseeing major business development opportunities, and developing revenue-generating strategic partnerships to help grow Thrive Global across existing and new products and business lines
- Working closely with cross-functional colleagues including product, marketing, sales, creative and more to ensure a coordinated approach toward launching complex projects
- Leading M&A discussions
- Provide thought leadership in developing long term strategies and growth opportunities for Thrive Global
- 5+ years experience leading business development or related function, especially within related industries (tech, SaaS, healthcare, etc.).
- Experience consistently meeting and exceeding goals
- A confident and eloquent communicator who has experience working with C-Suite contacts and leveraging access into deal making and building long term, sustainable business strategies and deals
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is flexible and has high energy to get work done
- A skilled operator who can understand complex business challenges and turn them into impactful solutions, pipeline and deal flow
- A team player who represents Thrive Global mission and corporate values internally and externally
- Someone who manages time and prioritizes effectively to meet deadlines and partner expectations