At Amplitude, we’ve created a best-in-class, innovative product that our customers love. We’re already the product intelligence platform of choice for top product and growth teams around the world including at Microsoft, Twitter, adidas, CapitalOne, NBC, Hubspot, and Procter & Gamble. We believe our continued success requires thoughtful and sustained community building, and we’re looking for an experienced Community Manager who can lead a fresh approach to engaging, connecting with, and delighting our customers across our channels — including ones you’ll create.
Reporting into the Brand and Creative Marketing Team, the Community Manager will work within a group of Content Marketers, Designers, Event Producers, and Product Evangelists who are building the Amplitude brand and how our community experiences Amplitude. We’re excited to have another expert join us who can execute their creative strategies as well as educate our team on how we can be better together.
As the Community Manager, you will
- Learn how to best support our community through active listening and thoughtful questions.
- Grow our ecosystem by connecting and activating the community around a shared mission.
- Translate strategic goals for the community into actionable programs and experiences.
- Represent the voice of our community in cross-departmental communications, sharing trends, pain points, and sentiments.
- Help turn champions of our community into force-multipliers who can share their knowledge with others at scale.
- Collaborate with our Support Team to build a forum community members can rely on.
- Create unique content for community members across our channels.
- Understand how to manage difficult situations within the community with tact and to escalate when appropriate.
- Lead through influence within the community and throughout Amplitude.
You'll be a great addition to the team if
- You have 4+ years experience in a Community Manager or related role.
- You embrace humility, a growth mindset, and ownership as core values, and you want to work with a company that shares those values.
- You have a data-informed approach to problem-solving, and you could happily talk shop for hours with product managers, data scientists, or growth teams.
- You want to help customers get what they need, and you understand how to translate those needs to a product team.
- You’re a great communicator — you actively listen, and you can write thoughtful responses quickly.
- You understand that successful communities drive connection and a shared belonging to a larger purpose.
- You believe psychological safety is the #1 indicator of successful teams.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Microsoft, Twitter, adidas, CapitalOne, NBC, Hubspot, and Procter & Gamble.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.