Financial Accountant - 3 month contract at Deputy
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are want fantastic people to help us do that.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Modern apps have transformed the way we live and work. Complex wage and hour laws are sweeping the nation. And millennials are the new face of the labor market, with very different expectations of their employers. With Deputy, a business can attract the best talent, coordinate them to deliver a more profitable service, and navigate complicated legal obligations.
The Financial Accountant plays a key role in maintaining the integrity of the Deputy Group financial and management reporting.
Supporting the Head of Finance and working closely with the wider finance team, you will accurately prepare month-end accounts and balance sheet reconciliations and support compliance requirements.
HOW YOU'LL DO IT:
- CA or CPA (or in final stages of completion)
- Understanding of GAAP
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the management of financial systems, financial reporting, financial data analysis, or auditing
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Passion to learn and grow
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity
- Preparation and processing of monthly journals including accruals, prepayments, fixed assets and provisions
- Completion of all balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Develop documentation of the month end process
- Manage monthly payroll for Australia and UK
- Overseeing employee commissions calculations
- Preparing BAS, PAYG, FBT, Payroll tax and Workers Compensation returns
- Prepare cashflow forecasts and assist with cashflow management
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Deputy Toastmasters Club
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
- Food/ Drinks/ Snacks
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics estimates that hourly workers make up 80 – 90% of the workforce. Yet while hourly workers comprise such large majorities of the global workforce, there is a stark lack of software tools available today that directly address their needs
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now