Head of Security Engineering at Deputy
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are want fantastic people to help us do that.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Modern apps have transformed the way we live and work. Complex wage and hour laws are sweeping the nation. And millennials are the new face of the labor market, with very different expectations of their employers. With Deputy, a business can attract the best talent, coordinate them to deliver a more profitable service, and navigate complicated legal obligations.
Due to Deputy's success and growth around the world, we're seeking a Head of Security Engineering to ensure we keep growing into an extraordinary team delivering more of what our customers love. Securing our application, infrastructure, data and intellectual property is critical to executing our mission. In this role, you will lead all aspects of information and application security for Deputy, relentlessly protecting our business, clients, and stakeholders. As we continue to grow you will build out a team to ensure that security always remains a top priority.This is an amazing opportunity for you to be at the forefront of creating a world-class product.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Firstly, you will be a beacon of courage and protection to the people of Deputy and lead by example to shape a brave, dependable, trustworthy system.
- You will define and drive a security roadmap to support Deputy’s business goals.
- Be an expert in SaaS Infosec and Appsec and security incident response.
- Hands-on where needed and an expert advisor to the wider company. (That may be providing mitigations for pen test results, setting up tools and processes for threat detection, educating people on OWASP, responding to customer security RFIs, advising engineers on how to protect against certain attacks).
- Develop, maintain and publish up-to-date security policies, standards and guidelines.
- Educate our employees on company security policies and best practices.
- Work in unison with our development and product disciplines to ensure security is always a first-class citizen.
- Work together with our Legal and GRC teams to ensure Privacy and Compliance are handled throughout the business.
- Continuously find ways of being a better, more secure and dependable organization.
- Establish key measurements on how secure our company and products are and use those measurements to ensure we are at our best.
- Consistently question the value of what we are doing and why we are doing it. Is this the right thing for Deputy?
- Take a leadership role advising Deputy’s partners and third party suppliers to ensure the security and privacy of Deputy’s corporate and customer data.
- You will communicate exceptionally well and help the whole company buy into the vision of the security of Deputy and our products.
- You have a passion for technology keeping abreast of where the rest of the world is headed.
HOW YOU WILL DO IT
- You have the utmost integrity, be open and honest, collaborative in nature, have a growth mindset and not be afraid to speak your mind when it is in the best interest of Deputy and its customers.
- You're more interested in being a leader than a manager. You pride yourself in establishing security as a forethought and constant presence in what you do.
- You're balanced, both personally and professionally, who acts with good humour and positivity.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years leading security initiatives and company-wide secure practices in leading technology companies.
- A track record of owning the security function for a fast-growing company.
- Experience influencing business leaders and stakeholders, helping them understand security risks as they pertain to business strategy and practices.
- Experience managing security incident response, disaster recovery and business continuity planning, information privacy, security operations centres and security architecture.
- Experience developing processes and protocols around embedding security, privacy, and compliance into a company’s development process.
- CISSP, GSEC, CCSP, GIAS, CEH or OCSP certifications are a bonus.
- Experience working with large-scale cloud-based environments – AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, etc.
- Experience working with frameworks such as COBIT, ISO27001, PCI and GDPR to manage requirements for Governance, Risk, Compliance and Privacy.
- Experience developing and implementing Security Awareness Programs.
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options - Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Deputy Toastmasters Club
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
- Food/ Drinks/ Snacks
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics estimates that hourly workers make up 80 – 90% of the workforce. Yet while hourly workers comprise such large majorities of the global workforce, there is a stark lack of software tools available today that directly address their needs
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now