Senior Digital Designer at Deputy
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are want fantastic people to help us do that.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Modern apps have transformed the way we live and work. Complex wage and hour laws are sweeping the nation. And millennials are the new face of the labor market, with very different expectations of their employers. With Deputy, a business can attract the best talent, coordinate them to deliver a more profitable service, and navigate complicated legal obligations.
As part of our Creative Studio, you'll work closely with the marketing & website teams to craft exceptional user experiences and powerful brand messages which effectively engage with Deputy’s target customers/users. Collaborating with a variety of coffee-addicted, avocado-toast-lovin’ people - project managers, developers, designers, copywriters and marketers - you’ll be passionate about users, love thinking outside of the box, and always strive to design with the highest of standards.
To succeed in this role, you will:
- Design highly-engaging, responsive web-pages which effectively communicate the Deputy message and brand
- Design innovative brand creatives and animated ads for various social media channels
- Ensure your web designs are compatible with CMS technologies such as Wordpress, Hubspot and Storyblok
- Work with various data tools such as heat-mapping, google analytics, tableau to produce web designs which solve user roadblocks
- Be a fantastic collaborator who works with developers and copy-writers to successfully implement/execute designs from start to finish
- Have an intricate understanding of the user journey, articulating this through effective storytelling, wireframes and prototypes
- Optimise workflow by creating reusable landing pages, components and templates with the global marketing/design team
- Organise and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while consistently delivering high-quality work
- Collaborate closely with design leads to elevate our digital, web and print designs, championing our brand guidelines
- Always strive to hone your craft and innovate by keeping up to date with the latest design trends, techniques and tools
- Live and breathe the Deputy Design team values
- 6+ years design experience in a marketing/agency environment
- Understanding of data tools such as Adobe analytics & tableau
- Basic Understanding of SEO and CRM technology
- Epic knowledge of design tools such as Sketch, Adobe Suite, InVision
- Experience managing multiple projects at once, prioritising deadlines and moving projects forward
- Ability to articulate design decisions and insights to stakeholders and coworkers
- Giving and receiving constructive criticism and feedback
Bonus if you are:
- Skilled in using Adobe After Effects and creating seamless animations
- Skilled in illustration, motion graphics and iconography
- You will be surrounded by highly skilled designers
- You will be supported to always progress and learn
- You will learn how to always push further and challenge creativity limits
- You will be surrounded by collaborative and passionate people who dream big and take risks
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Raised $111M Series B Round led by IVP, OpenView (our Series A investor), Square Peg Capital and EVP.
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options - Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Deputy Toastmasters Club
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
- Food/ Drinks/ Snacks
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
The Bureau of Labor and Statistics estimates that hourly workers make up 80 – 90% of the workforce. Yet while hourly workers comprise such large majorities of the global workforce, there is a stark lack of software tools available today that directly address their needs
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Check out this video: Deputy Explained
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now