About your role
We are looking for a proven Paralegal to join our legal team. Under the supervision of our General Counsel, the Paralegal will (a) review, draft and advise upon documents relating to the Company’s transactional and commercial contracts, non-disclosure agreements, technology agreements, consulting agreements and miscellaneous matters, (b) assist with entity formation and maintenance, (c) manage corporate records, (d) support the Company’s M&A activities as they occur, and (e) support the Company’s equity platform. The legal team’s work is cross-functional in nature; you’ll touch on subject matter across product, marketing, finance and growth.
This is a highly collaborative role for a candidate looking for a hands-on experience helping a growing company scale against an exciting vision.
- Assisting with drafting and reviewing contracts and preparing markups.
- Support the Legal Department in maintenance of a contracts tracking database.
- Investigate facts surrounding issues and deals to determine likely next steps in negotiation and resolution.
- Support new entity formation, assist with drafting organization documents, assist with records maintenance in U.S. and internationally.
- Support the Company’s M&A activities.
- Support the Company’s equity platform and compile associated reports.
- Performs other related duties such as assisting with privacy law compliance and dealing with intellectual property issues
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2 years of relevant experience
- Integrity and high ethical standards
- Strong business acumen, problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Proactive and take ownership of assigned projects and tasks
- Strong organizational and written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to understand substantive legal concepts, contracts, procedures and terminology.
- A team player, and have the ability to interact professionally and effectively throughout the organization.
- Independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction
- Thrive on the challenge of a fast-paced environment and have the ability to prioritize multiple, diverse projects.
- Meticulous attention to both detail and quality of work product
Bonus points if you have...
- In-house or law firm legal experience
- Paralegal certificate
- Experience with share hosting platforms and MS Excel
- A passion for entertainment brands within gaming, TV, movies, and/or comics
Benefits & Perks
Healthcare and commuter benefits, stock options, annual training budget per employee, pre-tax benefit options (FSA, HSA & Commuter), permissive time-off, biweekly office lunches and periodic happy hours, full pantry complete with coffee, a variety of drinks, cookies and healthy food options, flexible working hours, international work environment with start-up culture, easily accessible by public transportation
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of more than 200 million monthly unique visitors and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.