About the role
Join the Tabletop RPG team at Fandom and work on digital companions for the world’s greatest role playing games. We are excited to take the next steps in realizing our extensive vision for Tabletop gaming—continuing to bring the most convenience, customization, and captivation to the TRPG community we can.
As a Front End Engineer, you will own technical implementation and coding for e-commerce-focused front end applications on our Tabletop RPG platform. You will work closely with Back End Engineers to define service contracts. Though your area of ownership is front end application development, you will also have opportunities to work in the full application stack.
- Have the opportunity to directly impact and drive subscriber growth, commerce, and revenue for our TRPG platform
- Work in an environment where you have direct influence on product and technical decisions
- Develop resilient, scalable systems with the latest technology
- Learn from and mentor other passionate engineers with diverse skill sets in a collaborative team environment
- Delight millions of D&D players who are eager to use our products
You will successful because you will...
- You will solicit, accept, and give respectful and appropriate feedback
- You advance team initiatives through action
- You do not fear failure
- You design and develop maintainable software through proper design, testing, and documentation
We are excited about you because you have experience with...
- Scaling a website for heavy user load, e.g. 1,000,000+ monthly active users
- Using AWS services to manage globally distributed infrastructure
- Implementing relational or NoSQL databases in a production environment
- Breaking down monolithic framework architectures into smaller distributed services
- You have run or played in your own Dungeons and Dragon games.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Building high quality solutions with modern web technologies such as React, HTML5, and Sass in a team-based development environment
- Consuming RESTful APIs using industry-standard best practices
- Contributing to and consuming NPM libraries, both internal and open source
- Uses a shared code base with peer reviews and pull requests
- Writes and maintains unit and integration tests
- Assists with improving code integration and deployment processes
- Participates and occasionally lead planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives
- Adheres to and improve processes and coding standards
- Creates and maintain project documentation
- 3+ years web development experience
- Proficient in JS SPA development
- Proficient in object-oriented development
- CSS preprocessors (Sass, PostCSS)
- Responsive design
- Accessibility web standards and best practices (WAI-ARIA, WCAG)
- Functional programming
- Test-driven development
- Cross-browser support
- Feature flags
- Web animations
- Inline SVG
- AWS / cloud infrastructure experience
- D&D/Tabletop gaming Interest/Passion
FANDOM is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, FANDOM provides a home to explore, contribute to, and celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or what’s buzzing in entertainment, FANDOM has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge and carefully curated and fun, original multi-platform content.
FANDOM has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques and encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.