At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
MISSION? “THE WHY”
As a Software Engineer, you will be working closely with your peers, product, design and leadership to build amazing products and features for the Deputy platform, delivering services and products to millions of users and businesses from small & medium to enterprise.
You wake up every morning knowing with confidence that the work you do, from the user facing experiences to the backend APIs are being used to power 100,000s of workplaces and the livelihood of 1,000,000s of users worldwide.
Responsibilities “THE WHAT”
- Design and implement software solutions -- with consideration to high performance, high quality systems and applications using modern industry best practices
- Align with our Design, Engineering and Product principles to build product & technical solutions that drive customer value with quality and performance
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Engage in technical discussion of solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, pair programming, code review and technology discussions
Who you are “THE HOW”
- You are a skilful engineer with high standards, passion for quality and a few years of experience under your belt.
- Solid computer science fundamentals: algorithms and data structures.
- Expertise in API design (REST & RPC) and its frameworks. We use protobuf, gRPC, OpenAPI
- Experience with building service oriented architecture, microservices, and modern techniques and tools around it. We use Docker, ECS, Lambda, SQS, Kinesis, etc
- Experience in a few persistence, storage and caching mechanisms. We use MySQL, Redis, DynamoDB, S3, etc
- Understanding of what it takes to build reliable, scalable and resilient systems using modern best practices, e.g: Caching, monitoring, tracing, eventual consistency, queues, load balancing, circuit breaking, etc.
- Exposure to Classic & Modern JS frameworks as well as the browser ecosystem. We use jQuery, Mustache, Backbone, LESS/SASS, Vue, WebSockets, Local Storage
- Experience with modern build, techniques, architectures and practices. We use AWS, ECS, Lambda, Docker, Jenkins, etc
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options - Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Deputy Toastmasters Club
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
- Food/ Drinks/ Snacks
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.