Our Design teams are focused not just on the functional, but also on joy and delight. Our work ignites opportunity and changes the way the world moves, and we design for users around the world of all backgrounds and abilities.
About the Role
We are seeking a Research Operations Specialist to support the Uber Eats team. The UX Research Operations team collaborates with researchers to support their study goals and organize the planning and execution of UX research projects. This role will support projects across the UberEats marketplace which includes consumer, merchant, and courier verticals. By continuously proposing new ideas for improving operational efficiency and experimenting with new tools, processes, and techniques to streamline work
What You'll Do
- Partner with the Research Operations team to manage the pipeline of inbound research requests from various teams across the organization, assessing incoming requests and prioritizing new and ongoing projects
- Collaborate with researchers to understand their study objectives, clarify their participant requirements, decide sourcing methods, develop assessments to screen candidates, plan the logistics of recruitment support, and perform key tasks to execute that plan
- Source, screen, and schedule participants for research studies
- Create thoughtful, targeted, effective written communication for high volume and high visibility survey sends.
- Promote compliance with Uber policies and adoption of best practices in all research activities
- Develop and maintain team resources and comms including team website, training materials, playbooks, and regular messaging out to the team about process updates
- Source and evaluate Design and Research vendors when needed.
- Interface with legal, security, and procurement teams to onboard and pay vendors, including facilitating statements of work
- 2+ years work experience coordinating multiple fast-moving projects of varying levels of complexity concurrently
- Experience with survey software, such as Qualtrics or Survey Monkey; experience with relevant project management tools, such as JIRA, Basecamp, Smartsheet, Asana, etc
- Work experience in a research setting supporting in-person data collection or customer facing work; working across diverse timezones and cultures
- Familiarity with the UX product development process and UX research methods, including participant recruitment tactics and strategies. Enjoys working closely with researchers and designers
- Process and efficiency specialist - passion for planning, tracking, organizing logistics, and documentation
- Creative, analytical, and methodical in approach to problem-solving - able to identify problems others missed, make reasoned decisions with imperfect or ambiguous information, and be proactive in identifying the best path forward
- Excellent communication skills--you can quickly establish an easy rapport with a wide variety of people through both speaking and writing.
- Strong stakeholder management and collaborative abilities - Communicates early and often; able to take shifting priorities and timelines in stride and manage change effectively
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
Uber is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.