At WHOOP, we're on a mission to unlock human performance. WHOOP empowers users to perform at a higher level through a deeper understanding of their bodies and daily lives.
WHOOP is seeking a Group Product Manager to drive the strategy, roadmap and delivery of features across a group of software development teams. In this “player/coach” role, you will partner closely with engineers, designers, and other product managers to advance the WHOOP mission and empower our rapidly-growing user base to optimize their performance and achieve exceptional results. In particular, you will focus on the rapidly growing WHOOP Community team which involves new product development oriented around creating a unique social experience on the WHOOP platform.
- Set the WHOOP Community product strategy and roadmap with measurable goals for a group of development teams
- Ensure each team within the group is aligned on how to drive the broader strategy forward
- Facilitate ideation, development and delivery for new products and improvements across mobile, web, and back-end infrastructure
- Gather customer needs and feedback through frequent research and feedback loops
- Perform analyses of growth, engagement and retention to inform, measure and iterate on product advancements
- Synthesize research, analysis, design and stakeholder feedback into detailed product requirements
- Drive group to deliver a healthy and efficient cadence of product releases
- Consistently deliver against success metrics and quantitative outcomes for the entire group
- Directly manage a small team of product managers, provide regular coaching, guidance, and feedback to ensure consistent quality across the entire group
- 8+ years building and scaling digital products
- Expertise building B2C experiences with a focus on connecting members through social interactions
- Expertise in applying consumer psychology and behavioral science tactics to drive engagement loops that motivate and aspire members to accomplish their goals via social experiences
- Expertise partnering closely with user experience and visual designers to explore ideas and bring them to life via rapid ideation
- Technical knowledge of developing experiences that create user generated content which includes text, graphic, and video formats
- Proven track record of identifying customer and business needs and converting them into application and operational requirements
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and extremely fast-paced environment
- Hands-on experience working in agile development environments
- Ability to work with executive stakeholders to guide vision and create action from feedback
- Passion for the fitness and wellness space
- Strong educational background in a quantitative or scientific field preferred
WHOOP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-verify to determine employment eligibility.