To help support our fast-growing business, Papaya Global is looking for a seasoned Brand and Communications Director to drive strategic external communications in building our visibility, reputation, and position across key markets.
This role will be based in Austin or New York reporting to the VP of Marketing.
- Develop Papaya’s brand voice and maintain our brand integrity across all platforms.
- Leading a team of community, Public relations, and product marketing professionals.
- Direct internal teams, external agencies, and partnerships to propel the brand and communications programs forward, coordinating Papaya experts to drive meaningful narratives and media opportunities for maximum impact
- Establish strong and collaborative relationships with the Revenue and Product teams, and throughout the company to ensure all external communications initiatives are aligned and consistent
- Build and execute timely strategic PR-led campaigns that showcase the company’s mission and values
- Oversee and manage People & Payroll community and team
- Expand thought leadership and client reference programs translating client insights into compelling stories
- Develop and oversee key external communications campaigns and materials, including campaign assets, press releases, Q&As, executive briefings, and talking points
- Identify additional areas of opportunity to advance the Papaya brand narrative and market positioning, including monitoring and benchmarking industry developments
- Ensure that Papaya is featured in top industry awards and rankings
- Lead, manage, and inspire a small team; create a culture of collaboration & learning
- Set quarterly objectives/goals for local team members and agencies and problem solve and strategize to deliver against goals/ key KPIs
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum of 8 years of external content and communications experience in SaaS tech, experience in HR/Payroll tech a plus
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Able to think critically and offer strategic and executive counsel, even in high-pressure situations
- Aptitude for multi-tasking and prioritization in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Meticulous attention to detail and strong organizational and project management skills
- Work as an individual as well as a team player Ability to analyze metrics and present information in a meaningful way
- Comfortable building a global program and team leveraging new approaches to communications/public relations in an evolving digital landscape
- Experience in SaaS tech company