At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works & we are looking for fantastic people to help us do that. Our mission is to simplify shift work, with a future state vision to enable thriving workplaces in every community.
Deputy is a SaaS Workforce Management Product company. HQ'd in Sydney (AU), with offices in Melbourne, London (UK), Atlanta and San Francisco (USA). We’ve helped hundreds of thousands of people across all industries in 70+ countries save time and money managing their hourly workforce so they can focus on what they do best, and be amazing.
Currently, our employees are predominately working from home and this role will also be remote for the time being. We anticipate employees will be returning to the office, in a flexible capacity, during 2021 as appropriate & when it is safe to do so.
We’re looking for a Senior Front End Engineer to take our message to the world by helping shape the user-experience of Deputy.com. Working closely with two Senior Full Stack Engineers as part of the Growth team, this is a strategic role aimed at delivering an optimal user experience for all visitors. This represents an ideal opportunity for someone wanting to make a genuine impact in a growing Tech company that has proven itself at every step of the journey to date.
- You will be focusing on our web front-end experiences
- Build new features with a focus on testability and extensibility
- Contribute to and improve our test, build & deployment CI pipelines
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality and performant code base
- Engage in technical discussion of new solutions and architectures
- Advocate and champion modern best practices & techniques
- Encourage innovation and foster an environment of continuous improvement
- Ensure that technical decisions support our goals of quality, performance, scalability, reliability, availability, and security.
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through documentation, design reviews, pair programming, code review and technology discussions
- Collaborate with our product and design teams to define feature specifications and timelines
- Champion & contribute to the strategic direction of front-end engineering
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Deep understanding of modern HTML+CSS techniques
- Deep understanding of the DOM, browser components & APIs
- Understanding of microservices architecture and RESTful APIs
- Understanding of design elements, components, UI and best practices
- Work closely with UX/UI designers, able to build and contribute to design
- Modern UI/Frontend stack, frameworks and techniques. i.e: React, Webpack, Babel, SPA, ES6, CSS (flexbox, grid, etc)
- Understanding CSS preprocessors POSTCSS/LESS/SASS
- Understanding of Modern JS frameworks, e.g: Vue, React or Angular (We use Vue)
- Solid understanding of Git and Github
- Understanding of TDD/BDD and it's implementation
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and techniques
- Australian Hyper-Growth Startup - Head Office in Sydney
- Global Growth across APAC, America and EMEA.
- Share Options
- Paternity/Maternity Leave Policies
- Personal Learning & Development Fund
- Flexible Work Policy
- Company wide Development & Coaching
- Awards - "Your Time to Shine & Celebrate Success"
- Social Events & variety of social clubs (Books, LGBT, Games, Sports)
- Mental Health Support
- Munch & Learns
At Deputy we’re on a mission to change the way the world works. Since 2008 over 200 million shifts have been rostered on Deputy, in over 90 countries, and across 245 different industries.
We’re making it easier for businesses and teams to roster staff, manage leave, complete payroll and take the admin out of work so that our customers can focus on doing what they love. We hire amazing people to do what they’re best at, and work with some incredible businesses all around the world.
Deputy believes in equal opportunity and that inclusiveness and diversity promotes innovation. Our global team members are from a variety of cultures. And we welcome different perspective and skills.
Interested? Apply now